Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am 17 and doing A-levels and I have been looking for a part-time job for a very long time now, with little success, as most job openings have hours that I cannot do due to the need to study etc. Does anyone know of companies or places that have weekly hours such as 6 or 8?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Hazmeister77)
    I am 17 and doing A-levels and I have been looking for a part-time job for a very long time now, with little success, as most job openings have hours that I cannot do due to the need to study etc. Does anyone know of companies or places that have weekly hours such as 6 or 8?
    I'd have a look over big name companies near you, as some may have weekend hours etc that would suit you - job boards like Indeed are worth a look too, as you can look over the part-time roles they offer, and see if any suit your needs!

ReputationRep:
    I am having the exact same problem! I’ve applied everywhere and cannot find anything, i live in a smallish town too.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Noodlestudent)
    I am having the exact same problem! I’ve applied everywhere and cannot find anything, i live in a smallish town too.
    Most retailers will offer weekend focused contracts or just one day per weekend - have a look around on your local high street

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Most retailers will offer weekend focused contracts or just one day per weekend - have a look around on your local high street
    Thank you, I have applied to a few but a lot of people in my town go for them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A lot of retailers offer 4-8 hour contracts for students.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve heard McDonald’s is pretty good, but you’d have to go check it out cause I’m not sure about hours and stuff
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Try mcdonalds.
    You can do as many or as little hours as you want.
    And you can do more hours in the holidays as well.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Noodlestudent)
    Thank you, I have applied to a few but a lot of people in my town go for them.
    Go through the job description line by line and make sure your application demonstrates how you can fulfill those duties

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.