The Student Room Group

Finding a job with low hours

I am 17 and doing A-levels and I have been looking for a part-time job for a very long time now, with little success, as most job openings have hours that I cannot do due to the need to study etc. Does anyone know of companies or places that have weekly hours such as 6 or 8?
Original post by Hazmeister77
I am 17 and doing A-levels and I have been looking for a part-time job for a very long time now, with little success, as most job openings have hours that I cannot do due to the need to study etc. Does anyone know of companies or places that have weekly hours such as 6 or 8?

I'd have a look over big name companies near you, as some may have weekend hours etc that would suit you - job boards like Indeed are worth a look too, as you can look over the part-time roles they offer, and see if any suit your needs!

Original post by Noodlestudent
I am having the exact same problem! I’ve applied everywhere and cannot find anything, i live in a smallish town too.

Most retailers will offer weekend focused contracts or just one day per weekend - have a look around on your local high street :smile:
A lot of retailers offer 4-8 hour contracts for students.

I’ve heard McDonald’s is pretty good, but you’d have to go check it out cause I’m not sure about hours and stuff

Try mcdonalds.
You can do as many or as little hours as you want.
And you can do more hours in the holidays as well.
Original post by Noodlestudent
Thank you, I have applied to a few but a lot of people in my town go for them.

Go through the job description line by line and make sure your application demonstrates how you can fulfill those duties :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending