Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chucke1992)
    Partially true. When voting 80% or something wanted to keep union but it did not matter - Gorbatchev and Yeltsin made everything to collapse USSR. Though again slav countries wanted to keep union mostly.
    Well I can assure you that none of the Baltic States wanted to remain

Oh, Nato certainly wants to create a case to invade Russia. So is China by the way (thus training in winter. Also I presume it maybe has something to do with Arctic).
    Do you really believe that?

Well a lot of deported by Stalin deserved that for sure (like chechens and others who 90% or more joined german side during WW). Though Stalin did it a little wrong because he put group of nationalities who hated each other close.
    Most of the people in our country were deported just because they had jobs in high places or were a part of a so called 'elite'. My grandmother was deported when she was 3 years old with her mother and sister just because her mother worked at a bank. Or was it because my grandmother was a 3 year old capitalist spy Anyways, my great-grandmother died on the way to Siberia ( Animal trains are not suitable for carrying humans I guess), so my grandmother was allowed to return back a short time later, though without a mother and a father.

But it is true no? Most of the middle east conflicts are due to west intervention. I would even say that a lot of modern conflicts are created/left by anglo-saxons.
    I agree with you on this one. However, just as I said, the actions of a certain government do not mean that he country in itself and the people within it are evil. Just like with Russia.

Partially true. Though again you cannot create maidan if country is functioning just fine. No reason to do that.
    Country is functioning just fine??? Do you not know the events that led to Maidan?

Should crimea go to Turkey? I mean c'mon Chruschev gifted Crimea to Ukrainian SSR and it was a stupid decision.
    Well it was stupid for the allies to asign the administration of the Kaliningrad area to Russia for '50' years. Can you give it back to Germany now?
    I presume a lot left to Germany and other countries...But I don't really know births and death there. (though some people move to Lithuania from other countries too)
    The propaganda part is that the number is actually 4 times smaller.

I would say they hate everybody. And dream of Polish Commonwealth.
    I think that Polish people are more tolerant nowadays. A lot of Lithuanians hate them because they occupied our capital, and tried to pretty much destroy Lithuania inside the Commonwealth, and Polish people hate us for not letting them occupy our capital. However, I think that these days most of us try to improve the relationship between lithuanians and polish people and forget the past.

Some of them are - no?
    There are a number of gay politicians. However, they are in no way usurping control and believe me, homosexualism is not infectious Don't get me wrong, I am not gay, however, I do not see how being gay makes a person bad or good.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Nato certainly wants to create a case to invade Russia. So is China by the way (thus training in winter. Also I presume it maybe has something to do with Arctic).
    You do realise that NATO since the end of the Cold War would be unable to invade Russia? Only the USA has a powerful military, all the rest of have cut back too far, including the UK's. Until the Ukraine incident in 2014, American military forces were withdrawn to focus on China. The UK's bases in Germany are planned to close & the Challenger 2 tank fleet has been substantially reduced. There's talk of now leaving some bases open in Germany as a reaction to what Russia has done in Eastern Europe.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us-army...rmany-1.214977

https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/the-...ggest-mistake/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...react-russian/

It was only after Russia seized Crimea in early 2014 that NATO had to put forces back into the area and these forces would be quickly overrun if the Russian military actually attacked them

Realistically, the PRC is a greater threat to Russia. They have interest in Siberia's national resources, share a substantial land border with Russia, have a growing population & a growing military.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martis_ltu)
    Sorry for breaking one of your fantasies .
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._literacy_rate
    Also, as you can see, literacy rate and the rate of higher education does not reflect the country and is not always accurate(North Korea..)
    99.7% overall literacy and 4.9% of GDP goes to education and 53% have higher education

ReputationRep:
    1. Russian minorities are being oppressed in Lithuania.
    2. Russian children are being kidnapped in Lithuania. (Though I can't find any sources on this anymore, it must have been deleted).
    3. Lithuania trained snipers to shoot at people during MAIDAN.
    4. The freedom movements of soviet countries were organized by the U.S, and nobody actually wanted to leave USSR.
    5. Lithuanians are fascists ( I don't know where they get that from, but that is thrown around sometime. Applies pretty much to all Baltic states now, Ukraine as well.)
    6. NATO wants to attack us so we must fight back!!! ( During every defensive nato exercise which consists of a few thousand troops in NATO territory. Russia responds with huge offensive exercises.( ZAPAD 2017 https://g1.dcdn.lt/images/pix/pratyb...d-75614305.jpg They renamed Latvia, Lithuania and poland and made them enemies) )
    7. Everyone deserved to be deported during the soviet times. ( Idk if the official media says so, but some russians certainly do.)
    8. Baltic partisans were fascists and were working with SS.
    9. The U.S is pure evil and basically everything bad that has happend is because of yanks. ( My pro-russian grandfather actually told me that, he watches a lot of russian TV...)
    10. MAIDAN was organized by the west.
    11. There are no russian troops in Crimea ( OOps..)
    12. Ukrainian separatists have nothing to do with russia and they only receive humanitarian aid. ( There are videos of tanks being sent in Luhanks by train)
    13. Crimea is Russian territory. (Should Lithuania get belarus and a small chunk of western Russia and Ukraine as well then?)
    14. New evidence that the snipers that killed 49 protesters on Maidan square in February 2014 were Georgian and took orders from the Maidan leaders, not from the Yanukovych regime. - Sputnik
    15. MH17. The plane was shot down by Ukrainian fighter jets.
    16. In a case from December 2017, a commentator on Russia’s state-controlled NTV said the following: “What is now happening in Latvia is a linguistic genocide of Russian-speakers, moving towards an ethnic genocide” (watch the Russian quote with English subtitles in the video above).
    17. “Nobody in Kyiv wants to negotiate peacefully. They are going to conduct a genocide in Donetsk and Luhansk”. It is worth noting that human rights missions that travelled to Ukraine in 2014 did not find evidence that the Russian minority would have been in danger.
    18. Lithuanian History is not real. Lithuanian history belongs to belarus, because it was the real great duchy of Lithuania.
    19. Estonian population has decreased by 800k since leaving the Soviet Union.( I can't believe that they actually said that )
    20. Polish people hate and discriminate against Russians ( Turns out that every country with a russian minority does that...)
    21. The Baltic countries should be thankful because they were allowed to leave the Soviet Union.
    22. Gay politicians are being installed in Europe . They force children to change sex. ( And they call europe 'gayrope' )
    That's just a few, I don't actually remember most of them, however, I can provide more. I am certain I can find sources for most of them, ask if you want them (And tell me the no., cause I won't waste my tame searching for all of them). By the way, not all of these are about Lithuania, so I apologize in advance.

However, I should mention that sometimes I can be a little subjective since my relatives were deported to Siberia and as such I tend to get emotional, so if you find any inaccuracies in my statements, please point them out to me. Thanks
    First of all, Lithuania does not have any right on any russian land. Klaipeda is what Lithuania must return, in addition Russian people. you guys going to have a population of 1 million after that and we will see how you guys going to be sovereign economically with that labour power.

Your grandad is more historian than pro-russian, respect his knowledge and wisdom.

1 year before Ukrainian crisis, McCain being a popular American Politician that Ukrainians love, made a public statement in Kiev encouraging to join EU or at least sign the agreement on association with EU.
    Former Ukrainian Foreign Minister admitted, and ask any economist including me, Ukrainian economy was not ready to open trade borders with EU. Moreover read what were the obligation for Ukraine regards to WTO agreement, if it to sign the agreement.

There were Russian Troops in Black sea naval port since the collapse of Soviet Union. We had naval base there in Sevastopol, and we were allowed to have 25,000 soldiers for cheaper gas supply to Ukraine.

It is absolutely illogical for Russian officials to carry out the coupe of the government of the Kiev when it was in a good relationship with Russia. Now with billionaire chocolate Poroshenko, we have a much worser relationship, so the snipers were absolutely not Russian.

It is absolutely retarded to read EU vs Disinfo yellow page bull s h i t.
    Go read UN report http://www.un.org.ua/images/stories/...aine_FINAL.pdf

Of course there is going to be nationalistic movements against minorities, especially when they are retarded blaming Soviet communist occupation on capitalist Russians.

You guys are ants, we dont need to flex our muscles. We have Shtora and Krasukha they can jam within 250km radius, every Nato military equipment. Basically after this electronic warfare, all Nato can do is to jump off the plane and tanks and use only rifles and guns because all those vehicles will stop working.

Why there is still a conflict in Ukraine? Why Russia needs to send military forces? It is Ukrainian government who is trying to regain control over the eastern territories using ATO (Anti-terroristic organisation). Ukrainian government calling its ows civilians terrorists is the most scumbag thing to do. There is no documented evidence of real russian forces being in Ukraine, if there existed in eastern ukraine there would be no more civilian casualties. The conflict would have been over in 2 weeks, there would be a Russian flag on top of the Kiev parliament.

if MH17 was shot down by Donbass militants, then why Dutch and British never showed what was inside in those two black boxes????????

Crimea is historically Russian territory anyway, majority are Russians. If you wanna go much further, then It should be the territory of Ottoman Empire/Turkey.... Anyway you will never see US congress being handed over to Native Americans...

If Kiev wants to negotiate peacefully than first of all, the shelling should be stopped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    You do realise that NATO since the end of the Cold War would be unable to invade Russia? Only the USA has a powerful military, all the rest of have cut back too far, including the UK's. Until the Ukraine incident in 2014, American military forces were withdrawn to focus on China. The UK's bases in Germany are planned to close & the Challenger 2 tank fleet has been substantially reduced. There's talk of now leaving some bases open in Germany as a reaction to what Russia has done in Eastern Europe.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us-army...rmany-1.214977

https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/the-...ggest-mistake/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...react-russian/

It was only after Russia seized Crimea in early 2014 that NATO had to put forces back into the area and these forces would be quickly overrun if the Russian military actually attacked them

Realistically, the PRC is a greater threat to Russia. They have interest in Siberia's national resources, share a substantial land border with Russia, have a growing population & a growing military.
    PRC is not a threat to Russia, it grows and survived so far because it relies on geopolitical security provided by Russians.

ReputationRep:
    Good article in the OP.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The problem with Russians is that they still imagine Russia as an empire and superpower and Putin wants to make that come true. A number of British people think the same way about Great Britain as well, no offense.
    He's doing a pretty good job so far...
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    The same goes for Russia invading NATO though, the idea Russia could storm across europe, let alone hold it, is patently a lie whose only reason for being, one imagines, is so various MOD's can try and secure bigger budgets

At any rate this still ignores the threat perceived by Russia [which really is the only one that matters] people like Bush and his team who thought putting a hostile military alliance up to Russia's boarder wasnt going to end in tears were somewhat deluded imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    He's doing a pretty good job so far...

The same goes for Russia invading NATO though, the idea Russia could storm across europe, let alone hold it, is patently a lie whose only reason for being, one imagines, is so various MOD's can try and secure bigger budgets

At any rate this still ignores the threat perceived by Russia [which really is the only one that matters] people like Bush and his team who thought putting a hostile military alliance up to Russia's boarder wasnt going to end in tears were somewhat deluded imo.
    We have electronic warfare that can Jam all NATO equipments , we can easily destroy nato if we wanted to but we are not going to . Just be up to date on Russian military technology vs Nato's

ReputationRep:
    Well I can assure you that none of the Baltic States wanted to remain
    Probably. There were multiple reasons for that.

Do you really believe that?
    We can even bet that as long as any reason will be plausible all surrounding countries will try to invade Russia. There is no doubt about that.

Most of the people in our country were deported just because they had jobs in high places or were a part of a so called 'elite'. My grandmother was deported when she was 3 years old with her mother and sister just because her mother worked at a bank. Or was it because my grandmother was a 3 year old capitalist spy Anyways, my great-grandmother died on the way to Siberia ( Animal trains are not suitable for carrying humans I guess), so my grandmother was allowed to return back a short time later, though without a mother and a father.
    I don't know all the details but the hate for high ranking officials is easy understandable.

Country is functioning just fine??? Do you not know the events that led to Maidan?
    I said that maidan cannot happen if country is functioning fine. Maidan's happened because Ukraine was not. Though one oligarch to another is a huge change for sure.

Well it was stupid for the allies to asign the administration of the Kaliningrad area to Russia for '50' years. Can you give it back to Germany now?
    Yeah yeah, stupid allies wanting Germany and USSR kill each other and later forced to open the second front because USSR could conquer the whole europe.
    They may try to take it - nobody prevents them no?

I think that Polish people are more tolerant nowadays. A lot of Lithuanians hate them because they occupied our capital, and tried to pretty much destroy Lithuania inside the Commonwealth, and Polish people hate us for not letting them occupy our capital. However, I think that these days most of us try to improve the relationship between lithuanians and polish people and forget the past.
    Europe itself is very nationalistic but it is nothing surprising knowing that they fought each other in the past.
    They are trying to improve the relations because they want to revive the commonwealth with the Poland taking the role of Germany in EU there.

There are a number of gay politicians. However, they are in no way usurping control and believe me, homosexualism is not infectious Don't get me wrong, I am not gay, however, I do not see how being gay makes a person bad or good.
    I won't be surprised that the number of gays will increase. Though society is general becoming less healthy. We are up to a good times. Religion vs tolerancy in Europe. I wonder who will win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stolyarov Daniel)
    First of all, Lithuania does not have any right on any russian land. Klaipeda is what Lithuania must return, in addition Russian people. you guys going to have a population of 1 million after that and we will see how you guys going to be sovereign economically with that labour power.

Your grandad is more historian than pro-russian, respect his knowledge and wisdom.

1 year before Ukrainian crisis, McCain being a popular American Politician that Ukrainians love, made a public statement in Kiev encouraging to join EU or at least sign the agreement on association with EU.
    Former Ukrainian Foreign Minister admitted, and ask any economist including me, Ukrainian economy was not ready to open trade borders with EU. Moreover read what were the obligation for Ukraine regards to WTO agreement, if it to sign the agreement.

There were Russian Troops in Black sea naval port since the collapse of Soviet Union. We had naval base there in Sevastopol, and we were allowed to have 25,000 soldiers for cheaper gas supply to Ukraine.

It is absolutely illogical for Russian officials to carry out the coupe of the government of the Kiev when it was in a good relationship with Russia. Now with billionaire chocolate Poroshenko, we have a much worser relationship, so the snipers were absolutely not Russian.

It is absolutely retarded to read EU vs Disinfo yellow page bull s h i t.
    Go read UN report http://www.un.org.ua/images/stories/...aine_FINAL.pdf

Of course there is going to be nationalistic movements against minorities, especially when they are retarded blaming Soviet communist occupation on capitalist Russians.

You guys are ants, we dont need to flex our muscles. We have Shtora and Krasukha they can jam within 250km radius, every Nato military equipment. Basically after this electronic warfare, all Nato can do is to jump off the plane and tanks and use only rifles and guns because all those vehicles will stop working.

Why there is still a conflict in Ukraine? Why Russia needs to send military forces? It is Ukrainian government who is trying to regain control over the eastern territories using ATO (Anti-terroristic organisation). Ukrainian government calling its ows civilians terrorists is the most scumbag thing to do. There is no documented evidence of real russian forces being in Ukraine, if there existed in eastern ukraine there would be no more civilian casualties. The conflict would have been over in 2 weeks, there would be a Russian flag on top of the Kiev parliament.

if MH17 was shot down by Donbass militants, then why Dutch and British never showed what was inside in those two black boxes????????

Crimea is historically Russian territory anyway, majority are Russians. If you wanna go much further, then It should be the territory of Ottoman Empire/Turkey.... Anyway you will never see US congress being handed over to Native Americans...

If Kiev wants to negotiate peacefully than first of all, the shelling should be stopped
    I am off to a party, so I won't respond to this topic for a few days. I will certainly raise this one for you, though .
    Attachment 730092

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.