Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’m American and my Pakistani boyfriend is being married watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am a white American Christian woman who fell in love with a Pakistani Muslim man while he was in the US on a H1B visa. I am older to him by 18 years. We lived together for two years, were inseparable and ARE in love and want to marry. After hinting around about it to his parents, he finally had to go back to Pakistan for a stamp in his passport and they ambushed him. He told them he loves me and wants to marry me. They don’t care. He’s getting married tomorrow-against his will! I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I fell in love with him. He wants to be with me; but obviously doesn’t want to lose his entire family. I told him I would wait for him. I’d even convert for him (but he would never ask that). This can’t be the end. Is it even possible that he can come back to me? Under what conditions? I’m beside myself with sorrow. I’ve never met two more alike souls than ours. Please be kind. I’m not here to be beat up in the comments.

ReputationRep:
    People get divorced after a long marriage and they move on.

You are grieving and you are at the 1st stage of it which is cannot accept it

I got no knowledge about how you could bring him back, but I just wanted to offer you support from deep down my heart.
    I really hope situations get better, and I also hope you keep a strong belief in that you two will get back together!!
    Unless you can legally free him with exposing their family with forced marriage, I think it would probably depend on your boyfriend.
    Keep on believing!!

ReputationRep:
    If his family dislike you as a choice of partner, there is a fair chance of them never approving of you unless your partner puts his foot down. Talk to your partner. It might come down to him having to choose between you and his family.

(Original post by asocialb)
    Hello,
    I am a white American Christian woman who fell in love with a Pakistani Muslim man while he was in the US on a H1B visa. I am older to him by 18 years. We lived together for two years, were inseparable and ARE in love and want to marry. After hinting around about it to his parents, he finally had to go back to Pakistan for a stamp in his passport and they ambushed him. He’s getting married tomorrow-against his will. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I fell in love with him. He wants to be with me; but obviously doesn’t want to lose his entire family. I told him I would wait for him. I’d even convert for him (but he would never ask that). This can’t be the end. Is it even possible that he can come back to me? I’m beside myself with sorrow. I’ve never met two more alike souls than ours. Please be kind. I’m not here to be beat up in comments.

ReputationRep:
    18 years ? Lmao
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Damn he missing out on dat green card isn't he

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got no knowledge about how you could bring him back, but I just wanted to offer you support from deep down my heart.
    I really hope situations get better, and I also hope you keep a strong belief in that you two will get back together!!
    Unless you can legally free him with exposing their family with forced marriage, I think it would probably depend on your boyfriend.
    Keep on believing!!
    Thank you, your heartfelt words mean everything to me now.

Awww mate you should never fall in love with a pakistani guy especially if you havent got the same ethnic background.

ReputationRep:
    He's allowed 5 wives so it's all gravy baby.

ReputationRep:
    lmao this can't be legit

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.