Turn on thread page Beta

Asymmetrical face help - jaw surgery cost? watch

ReputationRep:
    So one side of my face is lower down than the other. I've known this since I was around 11 but recently (I'm 19) for the past year or so it's REALLY started to bother me. I was wondering what the best way to fix this would be, as it seems to affect my whole face. I'm thinking it might be my jaw. my left side of my chin droops down and my mouth is crooked towards this side, which then makes my nose bend toward this side and be lower on this side. So my nostrils are also uneven and my nose tip droops. my eye is slightly bigger on that side too, it's like the droopiness of my jaw/chin has pulled everything down. This side is fatter too, so it's fat and then a big lump of chin muscle (especially when I smile), but on the other side it rounds off easily.

I hate the left side of my face, I refuse to get in picture on this side and I hate that I might have to live with this my self esteem and happiness would improve drastically if I had a more symmetrical face, but I fear how much all of this would cost. I'm not going to uni this year and I'm going to work but even then I can only spend a few thousand max. I wanted to correct this before I go to uni or meet lots of people in the future, I don't want to be remembered with my past wonky face!

Who do i enquire about this if I wanted to? Would I ask a dentist, even if its for cosmetic reasons? Because I'm not sure if it's my jaw/teeth, it could by my nose or something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liiv18)
    So one side of my face is lower down than the other. I've known this since I was around 11 but recently (I'm 19) for the past year or so it's REALLY started to bother me. I was wondering what the best way to fix this would be, as it seems to affect my whole face. I'm thinking it might be my jaw. my left side of my chin droops down and my mouth is crooked towards this side, which then makes my nose bend toward this side and be lower on this side. So my nostrils are also uneven and my nose tip droops. my eye is slightly bigger on that side too, it's like the droopiness of my jaw/chin has pulled everything down. This side is fatter too, so it's fat and then a big lump of chin muscle (especially when I smile), but on the other side it rounds off easily.

I hate the left side of my face, I refuse to get in picture on this side and I hate that I might have to live with this my self esteem and happiness would improve drastically if I had a more symmetrical face, but I fear how much all of this would cost. I'm not going to uni this year and I'm going to work but even then I can only spend a few thousand max. I wanted to correct this before I go to uni or meet lots of people in the future, I don't want to be remembered with my past wonky face!

Who do i enquire about this if I wanted to? Would I ask a dentist, even if its for cosmetic reasons? Because I'm not sure if it's my jaw/teeth, it could by my nose or something else
    when I had aesthetic problems when I was younger I always google tricks especially makeup tricks.

so just use make up or do you reallywant surgery?

edit
    also teeth can affect how gum and jaw looks and your first bet would be GP if going the cosmetic route
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagul)
    when I had aesthetic problems when I was younger I always google tricks especially makeup tricks.

so just use make up or do you reallywant surgery?

I already contour my nose to look straighterbut that only works slightly from the front and doesn't work at angles. i also fill in the top of my left eyebrow so it looks higher in proportion and contour my jaw, but there's no way to hide the protruding bit of muscle on my chin and the wrinkle from smiling on that side.

I would really like surgery yes but thanks for replying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liiv18)
    I already contour my nose to look straighterbut that only works slightly from the front and doesn't work at angles. i also fill in the top of my left eyebrow so it looks higher in proportion and contour my jaw, but there's no way to hide the protruding bit of muscle on my chin and the wrinkle from smiling on that side.

I would really like surgery yes but thanks for replying
    I have seen someone who looks like Gretchen from recess transform their face just by braces and maybe some other teeth related procedure which will be much cheaper

also there are filler options but they are temporary
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.