Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 (Year 12) and I really don't like the thought of working, especially when I have to focus on my A-Levels.. I do have a 2 week work experience placement in July which is fine, but it doesn't compare to a real job that other people my age have had.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't find anything right now do some volunteering once a week for a few hours to get used to the idea of working. Also maybe go for the Duke of Edinburgh awards if you still can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    If you can't find anything right now do some volunteering once a week for a few hours to get used to the idea of working. Also maybe go for the Duke of Edinburgh awards if you still can.
    It's not that I can't find anything, I just don't really want to work (without coming across as lazy). I'm doing EPQ instead of DoE as my school only offered one.

ReputationRep:
    I worked over Christmas at my first job in year 12. I dropped grades quickly and had to quit as it affects me to much. However that's just me. Alot of my friends have jobs and are copeing well. It's up to what you think you can do. But i would consider a Holiday job rather than a part time.

Hope this helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethwood16)
    I worked over Christmas at my first job in year 12. I dropped grades quickly and had to quit as it affects me to much. However that's just me. Alot of my friends have jobs and are copeing well. It's up to what you think you can do. But i would consider a Holiday job rather than a part time.

Hope this helps
    Thanks.. I'm already finding little time to revise for my A-Levels and I'm exhausted, falling asleep randomly when I get home from school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    It's not that I can't find anything, I just don't really want to work (without coming across as lazy). I'm doing EPQ instead of DoE as my school only offered one.
    Trust me now that it will come in handy in the future. I think you can do the DoE without school offering it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traore)
    Thanks.. I'm already finding little time to revise for my A-Levels and I'm exhausted, falling asleep randomly when I get home from school.
    I would then. consentrate on yourself and making yourself comfortable rather than stressing about money or experience.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.