Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know this is really boring, but I’m I have no idea what way to revise is actually working for me! It takes me ages to remember anything! Is this just me???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
    2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). ...
    3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
    4.Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).

Oh wait, wrong thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William-W)
    I know this is really boring, but I’m I have no idea what way to revise is actually working for me! It takes me ages to remember anything! Is this just me???
    what exactly? Essay, paper, dissertation? if it is small - there is no problem, but if it is pretty big work, like dissertation, there you should do a lot of things and get attention on many small things)

ReputationRep:
    Look at your topics and create a list. Break them down to small chunks - if they seem so small it's too easy - thats good so keep them small!
    Try Trello if you want a Kanban board approach - or even just get stickies on the wall!

Then revise by reading the topic in the AM, then midday do the practice questions/activites as this si when you are most able. Then re-read the topic in the evening - just highlight the key words!
    This helps it settle in your long term storage from your hippocampus (temp storage).

If you have a particular set to revise such as a list or process, then look up memory palaces - create unusual reminders in a place you know well - i.e postage stamps as your house front door, then milk all over the stairs... you walk through the palace and remember to get stamps and milk.

Drink water and have loads of nuts and fish oils if you can. every little helps.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.