The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Guests staying

Hi how does it work with guests staying over in student accommodation I have read it is limited to 2 occasions a month
Original post by Fi707
Hi how does it work with guests staying over in student accommodation I have read it is limited to 2 occasions a month

1. Are overnight guests allowed to stay in my room in halls?

Yes, but this is limited to one overnight guest for a maximum of 2 nights, on one occasion per calendar month.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
I mean they say that but are they going to check.
Reply 3
Yours I read that but do they check ? Has anybody got first hand knowledge?

Thanks
Reply 4
I live on campus and they definitely don't check. If you're quiet and don't bother your flatmates it really wouldn't be a problem.
Reply 5
thanks may have been a deal breaker if not cheers
Original post by Fi707

Well if you have a guest staying with you for longer than two nights in a row then ideally just let the staff know, they always tend to make an exception. If you have an electronic key entry like most student accommodations these days then they will know if you sneak in a non-resident. As only one person is allowed in per card. Having said that they seldom make a fuss about overnight guests and are rather very accommodating. I would say approach them and let them know, they should be fine with it. If not then well you can always sneak them in like you original plan :wink:
They never check. Don't even bother telling the staff. I had 3 friends stay over at mine for a few days and nothing happened. You might just want to let your flatmates know if its okay or not

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending