Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi how does it work with guests staying over in student accommodation I have read it is limited to 2 occasions a month
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Fi707)
    Hi how does it work with guests staying over in student accommodation I have read it is limited to 2 occasions a month

1. Are overnight guests allowed to stay in my room in halls?

Yes, but this is limited to one overnight guest for a maximum of 2 nights, on one occasion per calendar month.

ReputationRep:
    I mean they say that but are they going to check.

ReputationRep:
    Yours I read that but do they check ? Has anybody got first hand knowledge?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I live on campus and they definitely don't check. If you're quiet and don't bother your flatmates it really wouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    thanks may have been a deal breaker if not cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi707)
    Well if you have a guest staying with you for longer than two nights in a row then ideally just let the staff know, they always tend to make an exception. If you have an electronic key entry like most student accommodations these days then they will know if you sneak in a non-resident. As only one person is allowed in per card. Having said that they seldom make a fuss about overnight guests and are rather very accommodating. I would say approach them and let them know, they should be fine with it. If not then well you can always sneak them in like you original plan

ReputationRep:
    They never check. Don't even bother telling the staff. I had 3 friends stay over at mine for a few days and nothing happened. You might just want to let your flatmates know if its okay or not

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 21, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.