Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So the course I am keen to be doing next year is Chinese and Economics at Edinburgh. However, I am torn between that or German and Economics at Glasgow because I'm not entirely sure how the course will work at Edinburgh.

With Glasgow, it's a five year course so I know that in third year I don't need to worry about the economics part so much, but Edinburgh is only four years!

This may sound like a stupid question, but what happens in third year when I would be expected to go to China? Am I meant to learn economics in Chinese or do I drop economics completely? Or do I have to catch up when I return?

If I get an offer from Edinburgh, my final choice really hinges on what happens with this year abroad as I'm seriously worried about it. If anyone can give me some idea of what goes on, I'd be extremely grateful!

ReputationRep:
    Bump because I need help asap
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by mollyl12)
    So the course I am keen to be doing next year is Chinese and Economics at Edinburgh. However, I am torn between that or German and Economics at Glasgow because I'm not entirely sure how the course will work at Edinburgh.

With Glasgow, it's a five year course so I know that in third year I don't need to worry about the economics part so much, but Edinburgh is only four years!

This may sound like a stupid question, but what happens in third year when I would be expected to go to China? Am I meant to learn economics in Chinese or do I drop economics completely? Or do I have to catch up when I return?

If I get an offer from Edinburgh, my final choice really hinges on what happens with this year abroad as I'm seriously worried about it. If anyone can give me some idea of what goes on, I'd be extremely grateful!
    http://www.drps.ed.ac.uk/17-18/dpt/utmahchiec1f.htm

I assume you would take a combination of Chinese and economics modules on your year abroad (that is standard at most universities, anyway), but I strongly suggest you speak to the relevant department at Edinburgh and ask for more information regarding the year abroad. They have the answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    http://www.drps.ed.ac.uk/17-18/dpt/utmahchiec1f.htm

I assume you would take a combination of Chinese and economics modules on your year abroad (that is standard at most universities, anyway), but I strongly suggest you speak to the relevant department at Edinburgh and ask for more information regarding the year abroad. They have the answers.
    Thank you! I'll definitely ask if I get the offer then!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.