Turn on thread page Beta

Online- Falling in love watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Probably, or at least see if they look close enough to whatever photos of them you've seen. Double check they're actually the right gender and so on
    :toofunny:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think it's mostly virgins who've never had relationships before who experience this kind of thing. They don't really know what love is (tbh I'm not sure I do yet either) so they think 'really liking someone' and having a crush means they're in love. Jokes on them when they realise they've been talking to a 50yo paedophile
    As someone who has used (oh yes the shame!) online dating apps in the likes of Tinder, I've dated men who have experienced and been in long term relationships and they sometimes get clingy.

it happens in a few steps (at least for me)

1: enter a thread

2: read posts, if one stands out to you as particularly funny, you're starting to feel interested

3: banter a bit in threads and start to like them

4: PM each other and realize you really like their sense of humour/personality

5: after a while of this, BAM, you've fallen for someone

6: move to texting/other form of messaging

7: find out what they look like

8: if you're lucky, they are good looking

9: talk a lot via text and phone calls and flirt a bit

10: after a while of this, arrange to meet up

Done.

I've been very lucky and not got trolled, you just have to know how to be safe on the internet and know what questions to ask.
    It's the impressionable young teens who fall for random weirdos without asking questions.
    I've always been incredibly skeptical and made sure I knew what the person looked like, what their name was, and how old they were, besides other questions, in order to make sure that they were genuine. You just have to be careful thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishGirl)
    As someone who has used (oh yes the shame!) online dating apps in the likes of Tinder, I've dated men who have experienced and been in long term relationships and they sometimes get clingy.
    Yeah anyone can get clingy

it happens in a few steps (at least for me)

1: enter a thread

2: read posts, if one stands out to you as particularly funny, you're starting to feel interested

3: banter a bit in threads and start to like them

4: PM each other and realize you really like their sense of humour/personality

5: after a while of this, BAM, you've fallen for someone

6: move to texting/other form of messaging

7: find out what they look like

8: if you're lucky, they are good looking

9: talk a lot via text and phone calls and flirt a bit

10: after a while of this, arrange to meet up

Done.
    A classic TSR example :rofl: Nah was talking about claiming love before a meet-up or even knowing what the person looks like.

I've been very lucky and not got trolled, you just have to know how to be safe on the internet and know what questions to ask.
    It's the impressionable young teens who fall for random weirdos without asking questions.
    I've always been incredibly skeptical and made sure I knew what the person looked like, what their name was, and how old they were, besides other questions, in order to make sure that they were genuine. You just have to be careful thats all.
    It's do-able if you're looking for that I guess, but again it's not 'love' to me until you know know the person in person.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by starfab)
    Yeah anyone can get clingy
    In my experience guys just think it only happens to them, but it can equally happen to the opposite gender. :p:

I personally don't fall in love that easily because I would like to generally build it on personality, trust, affection, ambition etc.
    Personality - someone who can make me laugh a lot (although a lot is optional!)
    Trust - someone who is faithful and wouldn't go with another girl just because he 'can.'
    These are the two things are in my opinion the important factors what I look for, especially when seeking a relationship though.

Also although looks are part of finding someone, it isn't necessarily entirely the 'whole package.'
    Looks can also be deceiving - a person may be good looking, but they probably don't have the great personality to go with it.

In general, people just confuse the word love with infatuation and crush as you have suggested in one of the previous posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishGirl)
    In my experience guys just think it only happens to them, but it can equally happen to the opposite gender. :p:

I personally don't fall in love that easily because I would like to generally build it on personality, trust, affection, ambition etc.
    Personality - someone who can make me laugh a lot (although a lot is optional!)
    Trust - someone who is faithful and wouldn't go with another girl just because he 'can.'
    These are the two things are in my opinion the important factors what I look for, especially when seeking a relationship though.

Also although looks are part of finding someone, it isn't necessarily entirely the 'whole package.'
    Looks can also be deceiving - a person may be good looking, but they probably don't have the great personality to go with it.

In general, people just confuse the word love with infatuation and crush as you have suggested in one of the previous posts.
    It can happen to both genders. Do people who fall in love easy, actually fall 'in love' or is it just lovely feelings.
    Personality > looks. Always. Always. Looks don't last.
    That's the word I was looking for -infatuation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.