Turn on thread page Beta

I haven’t got an offer yet should I go to the other college’s welcome day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I’ve applied to a sixth form college but they haven’t replied yet, I applied on the 10 th of feb and the interviews are on the 20 th March... is it still abit early or... I don’t know if I should go to the other college’s welcome day or not.. (where I’ll have my interview) any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berrydo)
    So I’ve applied to a sixth form college but they haven’t replied yet, I applied on the 10 th of feb and the interviews are on the 20 th March... is it still abit early or... I don’t know if I should go to the other college’s welcome day or not.. (where I’ll have my interview) any help?
    Hi there. Go to as many open days as you can, meet as many teachers, other student as you can. You'll find you learn so much even before you get there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, go.

You'll have something to compare the other one to, and it might be where you end up going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan17)
    Hi there. Go to as many open days as you can, meet as many teachers, other student as you can. You'll find you learn so much even before you get there.
    It’s not an open day tho but okay... I’m kind a nervous
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berrydo)
    It’s not an open day tho but okay... I’m kind a nervous
    I heard that, I still get nervous meeting new folk! Be yourself, don't be afraid to tell people you're a bit nervous, not sure what to ask etc. It shows you care. Write down a few pre-prepared questions like, what do students do here when not in lectures? Or will I have a tutor who can guide me through my studies if I'm stuck, what careers do students tend to go and do.

Shout if you need me and good luck, you won't need it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OldMan17)
    I heard that, I still get nervous meeting new folk! Be yourself, don't be afraid to tell people you're a bit nervous, not sure what to ask etc. It shows you care. Write down a few pre-prepared questions like, what do students do here when not in lectures? Or will I have a tutor who can guide me through my studies if I'm stuck, what careers do students tend to go and do.

Shout if you need me and good luck, you won't need it!
    Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would go because you might find you like college better

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.