Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know if e-careers Access to H.E courses are accepted at universities? its not on the QAA list of distance learning providers.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by donz_8)
    does anybody know if e-careers Access to H.E courses are accepted at universities? its not on the QAA list of distance learning providers.
    I looked into this.

As you say its not on the QAA database and that would raise alarm bells.

They claim to be validated by Ascentis who are a regulated certifying authority, there are ones for different regions. Ascentis are on the QAA site.

Imo I would contact QAA about your concerns and just clarify why e- careers arent on the database. If they dont give you an answer then confirm with Ascentis. You can also e-mail the unis you are interested in.
    You can also ask e-careers directly, although id trust QAA.

My feeling is they will be accepted.

Be wary of correspondence courses as they sometimes lack the support plus you miss a tutor and classmates. Distance learning can be harder. Someone did the distance Nursing course run by learn direct last year and they were posit about it, which was surprising considering the bad publicity they had on the news. use the search function to hunt it down..

QAA
    http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Access/F...s/Default.aspx

ASCENTIS
    http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/HowCours.../Ascentis.aspx

ReputationRep:
    i am now looking to use Learn Direct as they have oth QAA and advance learner loan but ive read the reviews and there isnt many good ones
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.