Turn on thread page Beta

Some deer videos from my trail camera watch

ReputationRep:
    Considering I don't often see wildlife stuff shared on here, and I don't see a relevant subforum, I thought I'd share some videos I got on my trail camera here. You set them up (usually strapped to a tree or fence) and any passing wildlife will trigger the camera to record. They can be left for long periods of time outdoors, recording all sorts of things us humans don't usually get to see.

I put mine out in early January and checked it the other day, so about a month and a half. Had about 40-50 clips on it. These are just a few clips I got of deer, recorded on the 18th of January.

ReputationRep:
    It won't let me put two videos in one post, so here's another one, from later the same day.

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    "It won't let me put two videos in one post"

[youtube]Tk7PPSW9fEw[/youtube]

[youtube]tzv-ZzylYgQ[/youtube]

ReputationRep:
    Really great footage! It's always cool to see animals and how they behave without being disturbed by humans. Would be super interesting if this group could be monitored with similar video footage to see what they actually get up to in a day/where their journeys take them. Thanks for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! This is one reason why in the future I want to move out of the city and live in the country, very beautiful thanks for sharing

ReputationRep:
    thank you for sharing your wildlife films. as an actual wildlife myself i appreciate your help in this matter.

:bear:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    CoolCavy might like to see these for drawing/art things.:teeth:

(and also because they're cool:ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoJones94)
    Really great footage! It's always cool to see animals and how they behave without being disturbed by humans. Would be super interesting if this group could be monitored with similar video footage to see what they actually get up to in a day/where their journeys take them. Thanks for sharing!
    I'd like to get another camera as soon as I can afford one, but I would probably want to put it somewhere else to try and find different animals instead of just deer. This camera is still in the same spot though and will likely stay there.

When I walked up to check it the other day, I saw two deer in a different part of the woodland. The farmer has seen deer crossing the road in this spot. That would suggest they also move into a neighbouring woodland, it's likely they're the same ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    I'd like to get another camera as soon as I can afford one, but I would probably want to put it somewhere else to try and find different animals instead of just deer. This camera is still in the same spot though and will likely stay there.

When I walked up to check it the other day, I saw two deer in a different part of the woodland. The farmer has seen deer crossing the road in this spot. That would suggest they also move into a neighbouring woodland, it's likely they're the same ones.
    Another camera would be cool, there's a few places near me where i'd like to try something like this but I don't doubt the cameras would be stolen...

Glad the deer have some safe spaces, i've noticed a sad trend of seeing more and more injured foxes in my area which is urban although surrounded by some nice country side. Building over the foxes habitats has forced more of them into densely populated areas with no where safe for them to stay as well as find the food they need, poor things.

ReputationRep:
    Some more videos from back in January.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.