Applying for scholarship? Watch

killerjayko
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I recently got an email from Royal Holloway suggesting that im able to apply for one of their scholarships which cover the full 3 years of education at their university. The problem is that the deadline to apply for it is March 19th (I think? cant remember exactly but its in march) and i havent even heard back from all of my universities yet, let alone made a decision on what to firm and what to put as an insurance. Can i still apply for scholarships even if im not sure ill even go to that university?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by killerjayko)
I recently got an email from Royal Holloway suggesting that im able to apply for one of their scholarships which cover the full 3 years of education at their university. The problem is that the deadline to apply for it is March 19th (I think? cant remember exactly but its in march) and i havent even heard back from all of my universities yet, let alone made a decision on what to firm and what to put as an insurance. Can i still apply for scholarships even if im not sure ill even go to that university?
Just apply, then you can always withdraw later. There arent many scholarships in any event.
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi killerjayko,

You are more than welcome to apply for any scholarships you are eligible for at Royal Holloway as long as you hold a conditional or unconditional offer from us.

If you have any questions about how to apply, please feel free to let me know here or you can PM me as well.

What subject are you hoping to study?

Susana
killerjayko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi killerjayko,

You are more than welcome to apply for any scholarships you are eligible for at Royal Holloway as long as you hold a conditional or unconditional offer from us.

If you have any questions about how to apply, please feel free to let me know here or you can PM me as well.

What subject are you hoping to study?

Susana
Thank you for the reply!
I'll make sure to apply for it as soon as i can, I applied for theoretical physics and have an offer for ABB or unconditional if firm
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you for the reply!
I'll make sure to apply for it as soon as i can, I applied for theoretical physics and have an offer for ABB or unconditional if firm
Hi killerjayko,

Congratulations on your offer!

Our Theoretical Physics course is fully accredited by the Institute of Physics and has been awarded the IOP Juno Champion and Athena SWAN silver awards for best practice in equality, promoting women in science and welcoming large cohorts of female students which is fantastic.

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway, so if you have any questions about what it's like to study here, I'd be happy to answer!

Susana
killerjayko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
Hi killerjayko,

Congratulations on your offer!

Our Theoretical Physics course is fully accredited by the Institute of Physics and has been awarded the IOP Juno Champion and Athena SWAN silver awards for best practice in equality, promoting women in science and welcoming large cohorts of female students which is fantastic.

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway, so if you have any questions about what it's like to study here, I'd be happy to answer!

Susana
I'm at college right now so i can't apply for the scholarship immediately but i clicked on the email and read about the future leaders scholarship. It says that i will be able to apply from my applicant portal once i have accepted my offer. Does this mean that i have to chose the university as one of my two options before i can apply? I dont remember signing up or getting an email saying that i can access the applicant portal so I'm not sure if i'm missing something.

Also, how easy is it to get to London from the campus or accomodation? I personally love to go out on days to London as there's loads of things to do like comic cons and some of my favourite shops. I think when i went to the open day i was told it was about 30 minutes away but i can't remember, Thanks!
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm at college right now so i can't apply for the scholarship immediately but i clicked on the email and read about the future leaders scholarship. It says that i will be able to apply from my applicant portal once i have accepted my offer. Does this mean that i have to chose the university as one of my two options before i can apply? I dont remember signing up or getting an email saying that i can access the applicant portal so I'm not sure if i'm missing something.

Also, how easy is it to get to London from the campus or accomodation? I personally love to go out on days to London as there's loads of things to do like comic cons and some of my favourite shops. I think when i went to the open day i was told it was about 30 minutes away but i can't remember, Thanks!
Hi killerjayko,

You are not required to accept your offer before applying for any scholarships, you just need to hold a valid offer. Applications for our scholarships should be made through your applicant portal, but if you haven't received information about this yet please PM me and I can help you look into this.

There's a direct train from Egham to London Waterloo which takes around 40 minutes. We have a bus service that goes from campus to the train station, but the station is within walking distance. It's around a 12 minute walk from the back gate of campus to the station so it's definitely a doable walk. I often went into London to see shows, visit galleries and just have days out with my friends. We're definitely in a great location where you have the best of both worlds.

Susana
salemakram
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hey congratulations on the scholarship . Can i ask what was yoir marks and what A level subjects you took i am shooting for a scholarship too
killerjayko
Rep:
?
(Original post by salemakram)
hey congratulations on the scholarship . Can i ask what was yoir marks and what A level subjects you took i am shooting for a scholarship too
The scholarship says its eligible for people who are predicted AAA in A level
Im predicted A*AAA
TimHooray747
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you have recieved an email about this scholarship does this mean that you are considered eligible or has it been sent out to all applicants who accept an offer at RHUL? (Accepted an unconditional for Physics btw)
killerjayko
Rep:
?
(Original post by TimHooray747)
If you have recieved an email about this scholarship does this mean that you are considered eligible or has it been sent out to all applicants who accept an offer at RHUL? (Accepted an unconditional for Physics btw)
i got an email saying that they have scholarships available and in the email it specifically said which one im eligible for.
TimHooray747
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i got an email saying that they have scholarships available and in the email it specifically said which one im eligible for.
Yeah the same happened to me but I wasnt sure if I had reached the terms they stated in the terms and conditions so I was wondering if everone got that email or if Id been sent it because they thought I was a potential candidate.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (885)
90.77%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (90)
9.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed