This discussion is closed.
Mansur Ali Abba
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
For those of who you took the Physics HL exam: How did it go?

It feels good to be finished with Physics HL...I think I'll get just enough points to reach a 5. Was
actually aiming for a secure 5, but didn't manage so well on Paper 3...(We did "Special and General
Relativity" and "Astrophysics")...Did anyone do the same topics? I felt that this paper 3 was hard
compared to the past papers we've been doing in class....does anyone else feel the same way, or is
it just me? | Anyway...I'm happy with a 5...time to forget Physics, and start preparing for Math
HL...Good luck everybody!

Mansur Abbasi Oslo, Norway
Brandon Kraft
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I didn't do Physics but best of luck on Math HL. I'll be in there aiming for something decent on
that one ;-). Honestly, I'm really scared of the Math HL- I'm part of my school's first class of IB
students and so none of us- students, staff, teachers, administration- have done this (except for
Chem SL last year). :-/.

Best of luck, Brandon

"Mansur Ali Abbasi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> For those of who you took the Physics HL exam: How did it go?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> It feels good to be finished with Physics HL...I think I'll get just[/q1]
enough
[q1]> points to reach a 5. Was actually aiming for a secure 5, but didn't manage so well on Paper[/q1]
[q1]> 3...(We did "Special and General Relativity" and "Astrophysics")...Did anyone do the same topics?[/q1]
[q1]> I felt that this paper 3 was hard compared to the past papers we've been doing in class....does[/q1]
[q1]> anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me? | Anyway...I'm happy with a 5...time to forget[/q1]
[q1]> Physics, and start preparing for Math HL...Good luck everybody![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Mansur Abbasi Oslo, Norway[/q1]
Arturis
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I did Relativity and Astro too. It was slightly harder than previous years I thought, but its
probably because they asked completely different questions. In all the past papers I've seen the
astrophysics questions always included one on describing parallax, and longer, easier questions on
the H-R diagrams. And none of the past relativity questions I've seen had as much on the
Michelson-Moreley experiment. Just hope I did well enough to get into uni. Overall grade boundaries
last year were:
(1) 0-16% (2)17-28 (3)29-40 (4)41-51 (5)52-61 (6)62-72 (7)73-100. So hopefully they won't change
much (unless they go down!).

Ryan, UK
Mansur Ali Abba
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
Well, I guess we'll have to wait until 6th of July to see if they go down with the boundaries or
not....let's hope for the best.

Arturis <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> I did Relativity and Astro too. It was slightly harder than previous years[/q1]
I
[q1]> thought, but its probably because they asked completely different[/q1]
questions.
[q1]> In all the past papers I've seen the astrophysics questions always[/q1]
included
[q1]> one on describing parallax, and longer, easier questions on the H-R diagrams. And none of the past[/q1]
[q1]> relativity questions I've seen had as much[/q1]
on
[q1]> the Michelson-Moreley experiment. Just hope I did well enough to get into uni. Overall grade[/q1]
[q1]> boundaries last year were:[/q1]
[q1]> (1) 0-16% (2)17-28 (3)29-40 (4)41-51 (5)52-61 (6)62-72 (7)73-100. So hopefully they won't change[/q1]
[q1]> much (unless they go down!).[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Ryan, UK[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (48)
41.74%
Take exams next summer (23)
20%
Change uni choice through clearing (29)
25.22%
Apply to uni next year instead (12)
10.43%
I'm not applying to university (3)
2.61%

Watched Threads