Turn on thread page Beta

For those of who you took the Physics HL exam: How did it go?

It feels good to be finished with Physics HL...I think I'll get just enough points to reach a 5. Was
    actually aiming for a secure 5, but didn't manage so well on Paper 3...(We did "Special and General
    Relativity" and "Astrophysics")...Did anyone do the same topics? I felt that this paper 3 was hard
    compared to the past papers we've been doing in class....does anyone else feel the same way, or is
    it just me? | Anyway...I'm happy with a 5...time to forget Physics, and start preparing for Math
    HL...Good luck everybody!

Mansur Abbasi Oslo, Norway

I didn't do Physics but best of luck on Math HL. I'll be in there aiming for something decent on
    that one ;-). Honestly, I'm really scared of the Math HL- I'm part of my school's first class of IB
    students and so none of us- students, staff, teachers, administration- have done this (except for
    Chem SL last year). :-/.

Best of luck, Brandon

"Mansur Ali Abbasi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> For those of who you took the Physics HL exam: How did it go?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> It feels good to be finished with Physics HL...I think I'll get just[/q1]
    enough
    [q1]> points to reach a 5. Was actually aiming for a secure 5, but didn't manage so well on Paper[/q1]
    [q1]> 3...(We did "Special and General Relativity" and "Astrophysics")...Did anyone do the same topics?[/q1]
    [q1]> I felt that this paper 3 was hard compared to the past papers we've been doing in class....does[/q1]
    [q1]> anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me? | Anyway...I'm happy with a 5...time to forget[/q1]
    [q1]> Physics, and start preparing for Math HL...Good luck everybody![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Mansur Abbasi Oslo, Norway[/q1]

I did Relativity and Astro too. It was slightly harder than previous years I thought, but its
    probably because they asked completely different questions. In all the past papers I've seen the
    astrophysics questions always included one on describing parallax, and longer, easier questions on
    the H-R diagrams. And none of the past relativity questions I've seen had as much on the
    Michelson-Moreley experiment. Just hope I did well enough to get into uni. Overall grade boundaries
    last year were:
    (1) 0-16% (2)17-28 (3)29-40 (4)41-51 (5)52-61 (6)62-72 (7)73-100. So hopefully they won't change
    much (unless they go down!).

Ryan, UK

Well, I guess we'll have to wait until 6th of July to see if they go down with the boundaries or
    not....let's hope for the best.

Arturis <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> I did Relativity and Astro too. It was slightly harder than previous years[/q1]
    I
    [q1]> thought, but its probably because they asked completely different[/q1]
    questions.
    [q1]> In all the past papers I've seen the astrophysics questions always[/q1]
    included
    [q1]> one on describing parallax, and longer, easier questions on the H-R diagrams. And none of the past[/q1]
    [q1]> relativity questions I've seen had as much[/q1]
    on
    [q1]> the Michelson-Moreley experiment. Just hope I did well enough to get into uni. Overall grade[/q1]
    [q1]> boundaries last year were:[/q1]
    [q1]> (1) 0-16% (2)17-28 (3)29-40 (4)41-51 (5)52-61 (6)62-72 (7)73-100. So hopefully they won't change[/q1]
    [q1]> much (unless they go down!).[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Ryan, UK[/q1]

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.