Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm 17 and 6 months into 6th Form, at first I enjoyed it but now everything hit the fan and I want to leave. I'm going to wait until the end of Year 12 and then go to college, but I'm stuck on what to do, should I just turn up to my 6th form until the end of the year, fail my exams and start my A Levels again in college or should I do something else from now until September since what I'm doing at 6th Form no longer matters now.

ReputationRep:
    question is,

what are your life goals....

ie which path do you intend to take after 6th form...

university - BBC (decent uni)
    or
    apprenticeship? BBB-BBC for good apprenticeship
    or working class hero???? No A levels

ReputationRep:
    This is something you should be discussing with your sixth form, really. Have you talked to your sixth form about leaving ? Have you applied to any colleges or contacted them to make sure they will take you ? You should have a serious think about dropping out and ask yourself if you’re doing it because it’s the best thing for you and your future, or whether you are just feeling a bit drained or demotivated right now.

Your sixth form will probably be the best source of guidance and will tell you what you can do with your time if you are planning to restart at college. If they don’t offer anything, I’d probably recommend getting a job or volunteering for a few months to get some experience and start building up your CV. There’s not much point of continuing work for a levels you won’t even be taking.

Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomgossa)
    This is something you should be discussing with your sixth form, really. Have you talked to your sixth form about leaving ? Have you applied to any colleges or contacted them to make sure they will take you ? You should have a serious think about dropping out and ask yourself if you’re doing it because it’s the best thing for you and your future, or whether you are just feeling a bit drained or demotivated right now.

Your sixth form will probably be the best source of guidance and will tell you what you can do with your time if you are planning to restart at college. If they don’t offer anything, I’d probably recommend getting a job or volunteering for a few months to get some experience and start building up your CV. There’s not much point of continuing work for a levels you won’t even be taking.

Good luck :-)
    This is something I've been thinking about for a while but not until now I have made my final decision. In like 5 hours I'm gonna talk to my mum about it (its 3am - one of the effects of the 6th form) and then I'm going to go to school (late but who cares I'm leaving) to talk to the head of 6th form and a teacher who I've known for 3 years. Right now I am just confused on what I can do until July and all of the legal stuff since I'm under the school leavers age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eebrohim)
    This is something I've been thinking about for a while but not until now I have made my final decision. In like 5 hours I'm gonna talk to my mum about it (its 3am - one of the effects of the 6th form) and then I'm going to go to school (late but who cares I'm leaving) to talk to the head of 6th form and a teacher who I've known for 3 years. Right now I am just confused on what I can do until July and all of the legal stuff since I'm under the school leavers age
    Okay, good.
    The sixth form will be able to advise you better than I can tbh.

ReputationRep:
    If you’ve done it so far keep going until the end of the year then move to a different college and have afresh start this is what I’ve done and it was the best move I made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresher18)
    If you’ve done it so far keep going until the end of the year then move to a different college and have afresh start this is what I’ve done and it was the best move I made
    I dont see the point in carrying on to the end of the year though, any work i do then is just pointless and contributes to nothing, and i would end up get a bad reputation since I am not going to be revising, doing any exams or doing school work at all since it ammounts to nothing. It would just be pointles stress and getting told off by teachers or not doing work a bunch of times.

ReputationRep:
    The point of carrying on with the year is that you would have the knowledge making next year /year at college easier if you did the same subjects as you know the content. I was going to say you could come out with a qualification but I don’t know whether you do the AS exams anymore
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresher18)
    The point of carrying on with the year is that you would have the knowledge making next year /year at college easier if you did the same subjects as you know the content. I was going to say you could come out with a qualification but I don’t know whether you do the AS exams anymore
    I checked the courses I'm hoping to do in other colleges and I'm not going to be studying the same topics as I am now. Going in with AS Levels might be a good idea but tbh I can't stay in my current Sixth Form to the end of year considering how it has effected me, I just want to start off fresh in a new area.

EDIT: The A Levels I am studying (History, English Literature, Sociology) do not have AS level exams, the End of Year exams are only for the teachers to see if I am able to carry onto the second year, but they are pointless since I could get anything as long as it is not a U Grade and be able to carry on to the second year, so doing the exams would do nothing for me.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.