Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I currently have 0% attendance and have for a couple of months and prior to that it was appalling to, I go to a mental health school due to having severe social anxiety and depression. My question is, I'm nearing GCSEs and I need to apply for a college, I haven't done my mocks, but I constantly revise at home because I want to try and get in for my gcses, but will an college accept me for my terrible attendance? Currently there isn't any way for me to get it up but my school and I are looking into it, but either or I want to apply within the next month, would a college accept me?(honestly I don't mind what type of college)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Wowneveedonethis)
    Hi, I currently have 0% attendance and have for a couple of months and prior to that it was appalling to, I go to a mental health school due to having severe social anxiety and depression. My question is, I'm nearing GCSEs and I need to apply for a college, I haven't done my mocks, but I constantly revise at home because I want to try and get in for my gcses, but will an college accept me for my terrible attendance? Currently there isn't any way for me to get it up but my school and I are looking into it, but either or I want to apply within the next month, would a college accept me?(honestly I don't mind what type of college)
    It’s going to depend on the college but if your school is supportive and you’re able to do well in your GCSEs then you should have some options.

Have you looked into distance learning? Depending on your subjects (and how close you are to managing to improve your attendance) that would be a useful backup option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    It’s going to depend on the college but if your school is supportive and you’re able to do well in your GCSEs then you should have some options.

Have you looked into distance learning? Depending on your subjects (and how close you are to managing to improve your attendance) that would be a useful backup option.
    The school is quite unsupportive, adult and won't do anything to give me work from class to help me revise, which is a massive toss up on their end. Everyone in my school has applied and got an interview (back in November) when I wasn't still able to attend a little bit but they never attempted to help me or let me apply which I think is them having an issue with me, but I'm going to apply for a sixth form near me which is quite well known for supporting people in my position but I don't no know ignore my school would have an issue with me doing so.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.