The Student Room Group

Funding

Hello,

I am wanting to apply for a masters degree in chemistry. I already had an MChem however, my grades are not good enough for what I want to do.

The problem I am, is that I wont be able to get a loan from the student fincance company as I took one out for my original MChem.

I am wondering what other possible routes there are for paying for tuition fee's, accommodation for the year for etc. The reason I have not saved any money is because I have financial commitments.

Kind Regards

John
Original post by johnca502
Hello,

I am wanting to apply for a masters degree in chemistry. I already had an MChem however, my grades are not good enough for what I want to do.

The problem I am, is that I wont be able to get a loan from the student fincance company as I took one out for my original MChem.

I am wondering what other possible routes there are for paying for tuition fee's, accommodation for the year for etc. The reason I have not saved any money is because I have financial commitments.

Kind Regards

John

Hi John,

Students who already hold a qualification which is equivalent to or higher in level than a Masters, this includes an integrated Masters (ELQ), will not be eligible for a PGL. For other funding that might be available, we would advise you to speak to the College/University.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply