Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here in East London it is snowing quite a lot and the roads and pavements are icy as ****, I tried to go nonetheless but the snowing doesn't seem to stop and my school has not put any notice on their twitter or website.

ReputationRep:
    I would say try to make it in but if it got too bad then they may send you home early. I don’t know what the schools/Councils policy is regarding notices of closure for schools I know ours say to they will have updates on their website by 730 and send a text to parents so I’m guessing if you’ve not heard anything then it’s still open for now

ReputationRep:
    Damn. For me it is only slightly colder than normal. Guess thats what happens in the south west -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fresher18)
    I would say try to make it in but if it got too bad then they may send you home early. I don’t know what the schools/Councils policy is regarding notices of closure for schools I know ours say to they will have updates on their website by 730 and send a text to parents so I’m guessing if you’ve not heard anything then it’s still open for now
    I decided not to go for today, the snow just keeps coming in and in and seems to get heavier and the snow in the pavements do not seem to melt at all. I sent them an e-mail saying this and I did manage to get away with it a few times in the past, if they complain about my absence they can kiss my ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Here in East London it is snowing quite a lot and the roads and pavements are icy as ****, I tried to go nonetheless but the snowing doesn't seem to stop and my school has not put any notice on their twitter or website.
    Only if you are doing laboratory subjects. The lessons are a waste of time. Read a study book instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittern988)
    Only if you are doing laboratory subjects. The lessons are a waste of time. Read a study book instead.
    Couldn't agree more

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.