Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend says we dont get along, shall we break up?? watch

Okay so me and my boyfriend dont want to break up but lately we have been fighting alot and unhappy not knowing what to do.

Yesterday we went to try & be happy and we did. We had a great day until we had a tiny argument about what to watch on the Tv? I can handle things like this but my Bf blew it out of proportion by saying 'see we dont get along and we never will...' I thought it was ridiculous. He went to sleep saying he doesnt know what he wants to do. So I left. I had to get the bus around 11pm and he still hasnt messaged me to se if I got home safe 😢

I love him but are we doomed?? I stated to him maybe we should take a break but he says thats not what he wants. Everytime I ask him what he wants he just states he doesnt know and its been like this a few weeks now. Im going insane!

Our main issue with me was intimacy and attention but yesterday that was fine? Also i used to get upset about only seeing him 1-2 a week but I have learned to get over that and try to be happy with what we have.

But it seems like if its not an issue with me. He creates one? (With the silly argument over the tv) I'm just unsure he loves me. Its like everytime we are going to meet up I know its going to end badly. But I really am trying!

I dont know what to do, help!!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so me and my boyfriend dont want to break up but lately we have been fighting alot and unhappy not knowing what to do.

Yesterday we went to try & be happy and we did. We had a great day until we had a tiny argument about what to watch on the Tv? I can handle things like this but my Bf blew it out of proportion by saying 'see we dont get along and we never will...' I thought it was ridiculous. He went to sleep saying he doesnt know what he wants to do. So I left. I had to get the bus around 11pm and he still hasnt messaged me to se if I got home safe 😢

I love him but are we doomed?? I stated to him maybe we should take a break but he says thats not what he wants. Everytime I ask him what he wants he just states he doesnt know and its been like this a few weeks now. Im going insane!

Our main issue with me was intimacy and attention but yesterday that was fine? Also i used to get upset about only seeing him 1-2 a week but I have learned to get over that and try to be happy with what we have.

But it seems like if its not an issue with me. He creates one? (With the silly argument over the tv) I'm just unsure he loves me. Its like everytime we are going to meet up I know its going to end badly. But I really am trying!

I dont know what to do, help!!!
    You need to speak to him about things, communication is important in a relationship. I think what he said was out of line and you should voice your concerns over his he treats you. Tell him that you're unhappy about what he said to you last night and how there's arguments over the smallest of things. Try to find solutions to your conflicts as well, if you feel that he's controlling you then you should tell him that too.

I would say you can save this but this requires effort from his side as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sounds like he wants to end it but doesn't want to tell you it's over so he can alleviate himself of the guilt. Best bet is probably to walk away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.