Turn on thread page Beta

from America to Pakistan to (hopefully) England watch

ReputationRep:
    WELCOME

Hey guys, I'm Noor. I'm 17 currently and have about 3 months left of A levels. I'm drowning in work and thought this would be a good way to organise how much I've done and how much more to do. I'm taking sciences but applied for Law in all universities. (I know I'm an idiot, don't ask). I was born and raised in America, lived there until I was 13 and then moved to Pakistan. Been here four years and now really aiming to go to university in England. Moving to Pakistan was a huge change and took a long while to adjust. The cultures are both extremely different and I no longer fit into either society. I was very confused growing up - used to mix 2 languages, have different ways of thinking than everybody else, different interests, it was definitely a struggle. And here, there was barely a concept of doing anything outside of studying. So like extra- curriculars....

Name:  1ylrp3.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  48.9 KB

Anyways, I knew I didn't want to spend my childhood like that, so I found friends who thought like me. That's when I begun to adjust. Surrounded myself with people who understood me and what I was going through, was blessed to have made friends that have stuck by me for the past 5 years.
    That's when I started my cupcake business Cupcakery. I know it sounds stupid but I made MONEY. Baking had always been my passion and I found a way to pursue it. I made around 60% profit from every order and have probably done around 300 orders, so I definitely benefited.
    I also began swimming and the gym so I could stay in shape. I'm pretty conscious about my weight so this way I was able to maintain it.

Anyways, at the moment my life does actually revolve around studying. There's only 3 months left and i'm STRESSED.

My daily schedule:
    School: 9am- 12-30pm
    Bio Academy - 3-3:45pm
    Chemistry and Physics Academy - 8:30-10:30pm

Yeah i'm getting as much help as I can get. It's exhausting but will (hopefully) be worth it.

IGCSE's
    Spoiler:
    Show

2A*s 4A's 2B's

AS:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Biology- A (originally a C but re-sat in Oct/Nov and got an A)
    Chemistry- B
    Physics-B

UNI OFFERS:

University of Sussex - conditional - AAA
    University of Lancaster - conditional - AAB (how?)
    University of Reading - AAA
    University of Manchester - AAA
    Queen Mary's - A*AA (LOL as if)

SO yeah, for any of these universities I really need to get my grades up.

Other than studying:
    - I started a cupcake business. I take orders online through my page and deliver them. Baking has always been my favourite hobby and this way I was able to pursue it.
    - Swimming. Use to swim everyday after school up until 11th grade but got too busy in 12th to carry on.
    - I've seen every TV show you can name. Not something to be proud of but hey still an achievement? When I'm not studying or out, I live on Netflix.
    - Reading. Love love love a good romance novel. (cheesy i know)

ReputationRep:
    Well done. Keep going.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    means so much, thank you! )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.