Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm wondering if anyone else can explain to me what's going on in my new relationship.I've been seeing a guy for a couple of months now and it's going perfect other than the one problem. He can't maintain an erection. I'm starting to worry that this isn't a passing problem now and that it's not just down to nerves. Can anyone shed some light? During foreplay, he doesn't like you going near the head as 'it's just too sensitive, it puts him on edge', and he had to constantly adjust his foreskin. He seems to only get hard through masturbating himself (he hasn't been with a girl for 2 years). When he does go in for the kill he's soft before he anything can happen. I feel like I'm hurting him instead of pleasing him. But I can see how mortified he is by the situation. How can I help to make things better?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Just reassure him unfortunately we are not allowed to give actual sex tips here

It could simply be nerves if it’s been a while, or he could be desensitised due to masturbation? Open and honest communication is key here though - you obviously don’t want to hurt his feelings, that much is clear, but if you two don’t talk about it I don’t think it’s going away
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

What's his cardio vascular system like?
    Could he run up 5 flights of stairs without looking like he's going to have a heart attack?
    How old is he?

Is he on any medication?
    Is he taking any drugs?

What is your body mass index? Sorry to ask such a blunt question - just need to establish a few things before giving advice.

Why don't you take the lead then?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.