Turn on thread page Beta

Should I leave my apprentiship? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been doing my apprenticeship since July 2017. It is a year apprenticeship at a private school in London and I work as a Level 2 on site IT Technician. Since I have been there I have not learnt anything, I work between three different schools in similar distances and the travel hurts my wage if I can't drive in (which I sometimes can't depending on the school i'm working at for that week).

I have had a ridiculous amount of time off because of illness. We're only 26 days off in February and I have only been in for one week, most of it has been illness apart from one week where I had planned leave with my boss.

Every week, I feel more and more depressed. My job is super simple to the point where I haven't learnt anything, my team is small so we're close, but my boss, line manager and one other work colleague I don't really get on with either because of my time off, as well as the fact that the team is super unorganised.

To sum everything up, I have had way too much time off work, I feel depressed and lonely when I am at work, I get bored and I also haven't learnt anything in the time i've been there. Any in sight would be greatly appreciated

- Bradley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bsavage31)
    I have been doing my apprenticeship since July 2017. It is a year apprenticeship at a private school in London and I work as a Level 2 on site IT Technician. Since I have been there I have not learnt anything, I work between three different schools in similar distances and the travel hurts my wage if I can't drive in (which I sometimes can't depending on the school i'm working at for that week).

I have had a ridiculous amount of time off because of illness. We're only 26 days off in February and I have only been in for one week, most of it has been illness apart from one week where I had planned leave with my boss.

Every week, I feel more and more depressed. My job is super simple to the point where I haven't learnt anything, my team is small so we're close, but my boss, line manager and one other work colleague I don't really get on with either because of my time off, as well as the fact that the team is super unorganised.

To sum everything up, I have had way too much time off work, I feel depressed and lonely when I am at work, I get bored and I also haven't learnt anything in the time i've been there. Any in sight would be greatly appreciated

- Bradley
    Hi Bradley, step 1, go to the doctor. Depression is a terrible thing. Most importantly, get yourself better. Health first, work second.
    Once you've done that, come back to me.

ReputationRep:
    I felt much the same as you did on my apprenticeship, funnily enough in IT as well.

Honestly, because I didn't feel happy after a year, the thought of staying there for the next 30 years made me want to rope myself. I went back to college and just started university, honestly it was the best decision I made.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.