Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been doing my apprenticeship since July 2017. It is a year apprenticeship at a private school in London and I work as a Level 2 on site IT Technician. Since I have been there I have not learnt anything, I work between three different schools in similar distances and the travel hurts my wage if I can't drive in (which I sometimes can't depending on the school i'm working at for that week).

I have had a ridiculous amount of time off because of illness. We're only 26 days off in February and I have only been in for one week, most of it has been illness apart from one week where I had planned leave with my boss.

Every week, I feel more and more depressed. My job is super simple to the point where I haven't learnt anything, my team is small so we're close, but my boss, line manager and one other work colleague I don't really get on with either because of my time off, as well as the fact that the team is super unorganised.

To sum everything up, I have had way too much time off work, I feel depressed and lonely when I am at work, I get bored and I also haven't learnt anything in the time i've been there. Any in sight would be greatly appreciated

- Bradley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bsavage31)
    I have been doing my apprenticeship since July 2017. It is a year apprenticeship at a private school in London and I work as a Level 2 on site IT Technician. Since I have been there I have not learnt anything, I work between three different schools in similar distances and the travel hurts my wage if I can't drive in (which I sometimes can't depending on the school i'm working at for that week).

I have had a ridiculous amount of time off because of illness. We're only 26 days off in February and I have only been in for one week, most of it has been illness apart from one week where I had planned leave with my boss.

Every week, I feel more and more depressed. My job is super simple to the point where I haven't learnt anything, my team is small so we're close, but my boss, line manager and one other work colleague I don't really get on with either because of my time off, as well as the fact that the team is super unorganised.

To sum everything up, I have had way too much time off work, I feel depressed and lonely when I am at work, I get bored and I also haven't learnt anything in the time i've been there. Any in sight would be greatly appreciated

- Bradley
    Hi Bradley, step 1, go to the doctor. Depression is a terrible thing. Most importantly, get yourself better. Health first, work second.
    Once you've done that, come back to me.

ReputationRep:
    I felt much the same as you did on my apprenticeship, funnily enough in IT as well.

Honestly, because I didn't feel happy after a year, the thought of staying there for the next 30 years made me want to rope myself. I went back to college and just started university, honestly it was the best decision I made.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.