Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling to cope with acne? watch

Announcements

I'm about 6 months into treatment for acne but my skin is still really bad. It's oily, full of blackheads,gets painful cysts and is covered in red and purple marks. I feel ugly and awful and there are days when I won't leave the house. I don't know what to do! To other people out there with a similar struggle, how do cope mentally when it really gets you down?

I used to have really bad acne and when I say bad I mean I had red and purple marks and spots all over my face. I went to my local gp and the gave me medication and cream which none of that ever helped but I began to research ways to help get rid of my acne and personally using a non bleached tooth paste can get rid of acne if you apply tooth paste to the affected area and leave it over night the spot/ swelling will have gone, another method was sudocream I applied it every night to the affected area for 1 week and after that week I started to see some improvement! Hope this helps 😊

ReputationRep:
    What treatment are you on? Depending on what you're using, you should have seen change faster.

Can you tell me your skin care routine?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm about 6 months into treatment for acne but my skin is still really bad. It's oily, full of blackheads,gets painful cysts and is covered in red and purple marks. I feel ugly and awful and there are days when I won't leave the house. I don't know what to do! To other people out there with a similar struggle, how do cope mentally when it really gets you down?
    try tea tree to help with the acne. confidence is keyyy

(Original post by planet_tea)
    What treatment are you on? Depending on what you're using, you should have seen change faster.

Can you tell me your skin care routine?
    I'm on 408mg of Lymecycline a day. I did have epiduo topical treatment for a few months but it wasn't agreeing with my skin. My skin care routine is rinse with cold water in the morning, apply the lightest amount of product (suncream, make up etc) or none at all on daysI'm not going anywhere, then in the evening I remove any product and rinse again with cold water. I used to use Liz Earle cleansing polish and over the years have tried practically every product and piece of advice but the more I mess, the angrier and more irritated my skin gets

ReputationRep:
    Roaccutane is intense but cleared up my acne with very little scarring, within about 3 months. There are some undesirable side effects (mostly very dry skin and chapped lips) but it was well worth it for me, my acne never returned and I've now been clear for about 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    If it’s been 6 months then is it safe to say the treatment isn’t working? Different treatment works for different people and a lot of it is just trying different stuff to see what works for you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I have this same problem. I keep buying expensive skincare products that claim to put an end to acne, but none of them actually do. (Or at least, they don't put an end to my acne.)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.