Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I would like to study Linguistics and the English language at Bangor University. I am 18 and don’t have any a levels or equivalent so I have thought about going through the Open University. I am aware that you can take credits from level 1 modules http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/modules but I do not know
    how many total credits Bangor University requires(60-120?). I would also require a loan for this but I believe I have to pay this back and it reduces my loan entitlement at degree level. How severely would it affect my loan entitlement? By the way I live in England. Thanks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by emmarosef)
    Hi I would like to study Linguistics and the English language at Bangor University. I am 18 and don’t have any a levels or equivalent so I have thought about going through the Open University. I am aware that you can take credits from level 1 modules http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/modules but I do not know
    how many total credits Bangor University requires(60-120?). I would also require a loan for this but I believe I have to pay this back and it reduces my loan entitlement at degree level. How severely would it affect my loan entitlement? By the way I live in England. Thanks.
    Hi Emma,

Students are entitled to the length of there full time course, including an additional year minus any previous study, the amount you will receive for your full time undergraduate course will depend on the length of your part time course.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Emma,

Students are entitled to the length of there full time course, including an additional year minus any previous study, the amount you will receive for your full time undergraduate course will depend on the length of your part time course.

Thanks

Catherine
    Hi Emma,

Thanks

Catherine
    Hi thanks for the information. On the Open university website it says that this course can be done part time but also full time in one year which what I would like to do. Will this change if it is full time?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi thanks for the information. On the Open university website it says that this course can be done part time but also full time in one year which what I would like to do. Will this change if it is full time?
    Hi Emma,

If your course is a 1 year full time course, then you will still be eligible for a further 3 years worth of full time funding.

Thanks

Catherine

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emma,

If your course is a 1 year full time course, then you will still be eligible for a further 3 years worth of full time funding.

Thanks

Catherine
    Hi thank you for the info. Would the circumstances of paying the loan back be the same as normal for this qualification or does it differ being this qualification and from the open uni. Thanns
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi thank you for the info. Would the circumstances of paying the loan back be the same as normal for this qualification or does it differ being this qualification and from the open uni. Thanns
    Hi Emma,

With regards to repayments you would need to speak to them on 0300 100 0611 or if you go onto Twitter or Facebook and one of the repayment advisors can help on there.

https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/
    https://twitter.com/SF_England

Thanks

Catherine

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.