• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DemiMRW)
    I'm currently applying for a studentship in English using the uni's online portal and the only info it asks for is contact details etc, then the proposal (which follows a pretty strictly laid out pattern).

I've got a couple of relevant academic awards that I think would help my application but I don't know where to put these in? There's an additional comments box but I don't know if it would seem a bit arrogant to slip them in there? Anyone faced this before? Should I even bother?

If it helps the awards are: the Leicester Literary and Philosophical Society Prize (awarded to my dissertation) & an English Special Prize from my undergrad department (for outstanding contribution to undergrad study).

Might be a silly Q but I figure with funded applications you need all the extra bit and bobs you have to try and stand above other candidates...?
    Definitely add them in! Yes they are relevant and will help with your application. Put them in the additional comments section. Surprised that they don't ask for a CV or a detailed study history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Definitely add them in! Yes they are relevant and will help with your application. Put them in the additional comments section. Surprised that they don't ask for a CV or a detailed study history.
    Brill, I'll do that then. Thanks

Yeah, the application is pretty bare tbh... Literally just asks for scores at higher ed (not even a module breakdown) and any relevant work experience. Then the proposal which asks for title, thesis statement, methods, scope etc. Nothing personal in there either!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DemiMRW)
    Brill, I'll do that then. Thanks

Yeah, the application is pretty bare tbh... Literally just asks for scores at higher ed (not even a module breakdown) and any relevant work experience. Then the proposal which asks for title, thesis statement, methods, scope etc. Nothing personal in there either!
    Very strange. Maybe there are different parts to the application or maybe that's just how the application is. Anyway, best to follow instructions and put in as much as possible. Good luck!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.