Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Folks,

I'm starting a master's at Cats next year and am looking at accommodation. Does anyone have any experience of the Russell Street accomodation for grad students? I can't find loads about it online so any perspective would be great.

Thanks!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by GBA13)
    Hi Folks,

I'm starting a master's at Cats next year and am looking at accommodation. Does anyone have any experience of the Russell Street accomodation for grad students? I can't find loads about it online so any perspective would be great.

Thanks!
    I presume you've seen this?
    https://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/postgrad...russell-street
    and
    https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/...213479.article
    (includes interiors)

Any thoughts threeportdrift ?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by GBA13)
    Hi Folks,

Thanks!
    It's in an area of town that's got lots of student accommodation, many Colleges own PG accommodation in the streets around, but it's also well embedded in the 'real town' with lots of small shops etc around. It's a good balance between the University, the station and living in the real town instead of 'the bubble'.

But really, I wouldn't recommend over-thinking accommodation. if your accommodation is really important to you, then the only way to take ownership is to go to the private market and be prepared to pay. College accommodation is much more of a lottery and anyway, your colleagues (which you can't control) are more important than the size of the en-suite or if it's south-facing, or how long it is from a shop.

If you want to know specific details of any accommodation, email the College MCR and someone there will be able to tell you more

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.