Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone compeleted this course or could anyone tell me what it's like to do the course and whether it's worth doing?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m currently on it, it’s definitely worth doing. What do you want to study at university?

ReputationRep:
    I want to study business management at University. I want to know how the course is assessed and how hard it is to do

ReputationRep:
    I'm not on the Business Studies course but I am on the Social Science course (nearly finished only one more round of assignments to do) and I can tell you now, if you're wanting to go onto university then it is deffo worth it! If you're looking at full time it is very intense but I know on my course we get a lot of support so I'm guessing you would too! The work its self isn't too hard, I've managed to get mostly all distinctions with a few merits here and there, it's just you don't get long to do all the assignments in and you can have up to 6 assignments due in all at the same time with about 4 weeks to do them all in. The course is assessed by how much you meet the criteria of the assignments, mostly marked on quality of your writing, understanding of the topic, spelling and grammar etc... if you're committed to the course then it'll be a breeze to get top marks! It's all worth it in the end once you get all your uni offers and start buying things for your new uni room though! haha, I would deffo give it a go!! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!!

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the advice. Do you know of anyone who has done the business access course? How long are your assignments usually for social science studies. Like is it an essay or more like a project or is it similar to btec work

ReputationRep:
    My college doesn't do a Business Access course for some reason so no I don't unfortunately, sorry! But on my course, it's a mix of assignments, mostly essays, usually around 1500/2500 words but there are also assignments where you have to create and present your own presentations both individual ones and group ones! But yeah it's mostly essay work in order to prepare you for university and the teachers are pretty strict on referencing them too but they do give you a lot of material to work with and suggest books and websites to make things easier!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 3, 2018

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.