Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am resitting 4 modules of my maths A-level this year and the whole chemistry A-level.

Whilst revising I have found out maths is much easier for me to remember and revise compared to Chemistry and I feel by spreading revision out for both I will not meet the grade requirements for my uni course. I need to get 2 more grades in order to meet it. I did worse in maths than in chemistry last year and I feel I could improve a lot more with some good revision. Chemistry, however, contains so much information for me to process in these remaining 3 months.

What I am asking is should I focus on maths a lot more than chemistry? Also, does anyone have any tips for revising chemistry if you feel I should still focus on both?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    I am resitting 4 modules of my maths A-level this year and the whole chemistry A-level.

Whilst revising I have found out maths is much easier for me to remember and revise compared to Chemistry and I feel by spreading revision out for both I will not meet the grade requirements for my uni course. I need to get 2 more grades in order to meet it. I did worse in maths than in chemistry last year and I feel I could improve a lot more with some good revision. Chemistry, however, contains so much information for me to process in these remaining 3 months.

What I am asking is should I focus on maths a lot more than chemistry? Also, does anyone have any tips for revising chemistry if you feel I should still focus on both?
    You have contradictions.

You have 2 A levels it seems. You should know your exam dates and how much time you have.

Maths- poor grade s further to improve, it can do so quickly.
    Chemistry lot to revise, time consuming but less improvement needed.

Split your revision into weeks and plan where you need to be by exam date, then spread your revision out.

Jeep setting weekly targets, so by 25% of the time you need to have done 25% of the journey for both. catch up with maths by halfway. You can revise more of one or the other as your revision progresses, its just a case of adjusting and keeping on track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You have contradictions.

You have 2 A levels it seems. You should know your exam dates and how much time you have.

Maths- poor grade s further to improve, it can do so quickly.
    Chemistry lot to revise, time consuming but less improvement needed.

Split your revision into weeks and plan where you need to be by exam date, then spread your revision out.

Jeep setting weekly targets, so by 25% of the time you need to have done 25% of the journey for both. catch up with maths by halfway. You can revise more of one or the other as your revision progresses, its just a case of adjusting and keeping on track.
    I have the exam dates and how much time I have. I am doing a specific work each week and I feel the chemistry is not being absorbed as much as maths. Because I did worse in maths last time I feel I could get the 2 grades much more easily as it is much easier to improve from the grade I got. However chemistry I got one grade higher than maths and I feel it will be a struggle getting another grade up.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Youve only got 2 subjects, just focus equally or more on the weaker one. Overcomplicated.

ReputationRep:
    Youve only got 2 subjects, just focus equally or more on the weaker one. Overcomplicated.
    Okay, thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Okay, thanks!
    Half way you need to be at least halfway.

ReputationRep:
    Half way you need to be at least halfway.
    what? please elaborate?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    what? please elaborate?
    Half of your revision time i.e 6 weeks then be at least 50% progressed in both subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Half of your revision time i.e 6 weeks then be at least 50% progressed in both subjects.
    Oh you mean set a target like in 3 weeks I should be 25% at least finished with both subjects or close to.
    And halfway before the exams, I should be at least 50%.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Oh you mean set a target like in 3 weeks I should be 25% at least finished with both subjects or close to.
    And halfway before the exams, I should be at least 50%.
    Yes its just common sense. Get organised.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.