Turn on thread page Beta

Same references for two different courses/unis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This might be stupid question or might have been asked before (though I checked!) but can I use same references when applying to two different universities or two different courses at the same uni? Does there have to be full uni name mentioned in the reference? It's for postgrad + I already got accepted to one uni and I used references that did not mention the course or uni at all but I want to apply to another too and not sure if that's ok.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paulaxw)
    This might be stupid question or might have been asked before (though I checked!) but can I use same references when applying to two different universities or two different courses at the same uni? Does there have to be full uni name mentioned in the reference? It's for postgrad + I already got accepted to one uni and I used references that did not mention the course or uni at all but I want to apply to another too and not sure if that's ok.
    Refs will usually only write one ref and send it to multiple places so yes that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Refs will usually only write one ref and send it to multiple places so yes that's fine.
    Great, that's what I thought but then I sent something to Geography admission at QMUL and they said "uh no, you may not be able to use your old references as they will probably referring to another institute" so I thought that my tutors have to mention Uni or at least course in the references but that's good, thanks a lot

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.