Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I've been wearing glasses for about 7 years now and I've recently noticed that when i take my glasses off they have left indents on the side on my head near my temples. Does anyone else who wears them get this? and if so any tips to reduce them?

And just to let you know these are newish glasses, i got them about a year ago, they are much comfy than my previous pair and don't feel tight at all.

Look forward to hearing from the rest of the four eyed community

ReputationRep:
    They don't fit you. Just because they are more comfortable than your previous pair, it doesn't mean that they actually fit you. There should be no pressure on your temples, whether or not it's discernible. A decent supplier would have noticed, so go somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    They don't fit you. Just because they are more comfortable than your previous pair, it doesn't mean that they actually fit you. There should be no pressure on your temples, whether or not it's discernible. A decent supplier would have noticed, so go somewhere else.
    Hey. Thanks for replying. I think one of the reasons i didn't notice before is that I spent 50% of the time wearing glasses and 50% wearing contacts so the indents never had time to form but in the last few months i decided to go back to exclusively wearing glasses.

Where, in your opinion, would be the best place to get them adjusted?

Edit: I originally got my glasses from a small chain where i used to live but i have now moved to London

ReputationRep:
    If you get indents they don't really fit. I haven't got any problems and it's been 3 years.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomW624)
    Hey. Thanks for replying. I think one of the reasons i didn't notice before is that I spent 50% of the time wearing glasses and 50% wearing contacts so the indents never had time to form but in the last few months i decided to go back to exclusively wearing glasses.

Edit: I originally got my glasses from a small chain where i used to live but i have now moved to London
    Yeah you should really get that sorted. Any optician will do it for you, some might even do it for free. There is usually a range of adjustment on glasses to give you a little extra room if you want to keep the pair you have. The pair I wanted were a little tight so they loosened them off a little and they’re great now. Pressure on your temples is not great really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    If you get indents they don't really fit. I haven't got any problems and it's been 3 years.
    Hey. Yeah that's what I assumed until I read a thread on a forum with loads of people claiming to have it and it being perfectly normal. Just wanted to check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenshark)
    Yeah you should really get that sorted. Any optician will do it for you, some might even do it for free. There is usually a range of adjustment on glasses to give you a little extra room if you want to keep the pair you have. The pair I wanted were a little tight so they loosened them off a little and they’re great now. Pressure on your temples is not great really.
    Yeah definitely want to keep them they are super comfortable and we're a little pricey and there's no way I can afford a new pair at the moment

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't assume that adjusting the width of your existing frames is any easier than adjusting the width of your head. You might be lucky. I've never had frames adjusted, in decades of wear. I have, however, just ordered some new frames, and know that I need frame width min. of 138mm. You need to familiarise yourself with your physionomy, and find a new optician with a no quibble replacement guarantee. I prefer independents, but Vision Express is good for eyecare, albeit less so for frame styles.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Yeah that's what I assumed until I read a thread on a forum with loads of people claiming to have it and it being perfectly normal. Just wanted to check
    It is normal but I'd assume many people just put up with it. They won't do you harm but it would be better for you I imagine, to get frames that fit properly.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.