Turn on thread page Beta

Talking to girls in clubs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my last year of uni and I've only really started going to clubs regularly in the last few months. I am quite a quiet person anyway but when it comes to talking to girls in clubs I am useless. My friends who I'm out with with easily go up to someone and start talking to them and normally end up going back to their with them but I just can't do it. Last night one of my friends was talking to a girl and her friend kept on smiling at me so another friend told me to talk to her. I didn't know what to say so he introduced us then walked away and I was dancing with her for a while but I just didn't know what to say to her. My friend even gave me a few things to say and I just didn't she seemed interested but I didn't know what to do.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Wow I was going to say something funny but could sound offensive so I won't since I still want to post stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Wow I was going to say something funny but could sound offensive so I won't since I still want to post stuff.
    lmaooo say it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigi77774)
    lmaooo say it
    Not until a mod or someone of equivalent power tells me I am clear to say it without any repercussions.

ReputationRep:
    If it's dark tell her she looks great in the light level.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just small talk. Buy her a drink then pow take her home 😉

ReputationRep:
    Personality can’t be taught, if you lack the ability to make and maintain conversation then no amount of ‘conversation starters’ is going to help you.

Also, it’s a club. You’re not meant to be talking, if you’re dancing with her just kiss her. But again, if you can’t understand social cues then maybe find another hobby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Personality can’t be taught, if you lack the ability to make and maintain conversation then no amount of ‘conversation starters’ is going to help you.

Also, it’s a club. You’re not meant to be talking, if you’re dancing with her just kiss her. But again, if you can’t understand social cues then maybe find another hobby.
    I have the ability to maintain a conversation but I'm not great in large groups of people. I think if it was just me and her at the bar or sat down somewhere then I would have probably been fine but since all my friends were just basically staring at us I didn't really know what to do. We were dancing together but we were also in a big group so it would've been weird to just kiss her even if it was basically just me she was dancing with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.