Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m now here and I’m doing English language Edexcel can anyone help?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I can help out. What do you need help in?

ReputationRep:
    Just in English language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durham Jaide)
    Just in English language
    Well is there anything specific like how to answer the 6 marker on Non fiction or how to do transnational writing?

ReputationRep:
    I would say spelling and grammar for paper 1 and how to answer the harder questions in Paper 2

ReputationRep:
    I would say spelling and grammar for paper 1 and how to answer the harder questions in Paper 2
    (Fiction Paper)
    Well I'm not sure what you mean by spelling and grammar but all I can advise is that you can improve on spelling by reading it first and the repeating it 3 times by writing it down, on grammar (which I'm assuming is the structure writing) you can learn about the different types of punctuation and why they are used in a particular sentence. For example.. there is a frequent use of commas in this quote this shows that the writer is hesitant and is trying to come up with things to cover up his actions this makes the readers blah blah blah...

In Paper 2 (Non fiction) there is 7A and 7B
    In 7A you talk about the similarities seen in both text (no need for analysis) you just talk about the similarities and why are they similar, you need three similarities from each text.

In 7B you talk about similarities AND differences in both texts and in that you need to add a little more detail to it and it requires 4-5 quotes.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support I meant spelling and grammar in section B as it’s the first time I will be typing it.

Thanks for the advice on paper 2. How would you do it. I normally get tired if go from start to finish so I don’t know whether I should try and go back to front?
    What’s your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support I meant spelling and grammar in section B as it’s the first time I will be typing it.

Thanks for the advice on paper 2. How would you do it. I normally get tired if go from start to finish so I don’t know whether I should try and go back to front?
    What’s your opinion?
    Well, in my opinion I would start doing the ones that I already had practice in such as the 3rd question (15 marker) (its like an extended version of the 3rd question 6marker) because its something that I'm used to writing from doing all of those practice papers in class for fiction papers. I would then do the 6th question (again its like the 4th question 15 marker in the fiction writing where in involves you to use SITE) (SITE is Settings, Ideas, Themes, and Events) then I would do question 7A and 7B because it doesn't require much. Then I would go back and finish the remaining questions. I would say go for the higher mark answers because even if you don't complete the easier questions you would still get a solid 6 on your paper just by doing those 4 questions.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice that’s a good idea I might work backwards

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.