Turn on thread page Beta

2010+; Just constant rehashing of past trends? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so don't get me wrong- I love fashion!
    And there have been countless trends over the last 8 years that I really got into.
    But, I can't but help feel that the last 8 years of fashion, has pretty much been nothing but an increasingly rapid and broad rehashing of past decades trends and idea's.

So I want people to challenge this idea: What fashion trends/idea's, are uniquely 2010-2018+? What is original to these times?

Almost every decade up until now has had a lot of very distinct styles/idea's which have become iconic to each respective decade. But I am actually struggling to think of almost anything going on in fashion-wise in this decade which isn't basically just some rehashed version (often downright copy) of a trend originally belonging to a previous decade.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.