The Student Room Group

Demotivated for alevels..

I have lost all my motivation to do my alevels :frown:
I do maths, chemistry and business & they are decent subjects with interesting content.
My teachers are good and supportive but I just do bad when it comes to revision and exams :/
I got EEE for my January mocks which I really wasn't happy about.
I did my business mock again and only went up to a D😐. I did revise more for my resit

Now I really don't know what to do anymore and I'm lost...
Original post by chakshita
I do maths, chemistry and business & they are decent subjects with interesting content.
My teachers are good and supportive but I just do bad when it comes to revision and exams :/
I did my business mock again and only went up to a D😐. I did revise more for my resit

you just gotta have hope I get my hope from dark thoughts but I think you should try anime as a baseline and boy do I have recommendations I just need to know what genre your into? And whether you getting depressed over this?
Original post by chakshita

Year 12 or 13?
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Year 12 or 13?

Yr12
Hi, can you get some tutoring?

If you can try and look on the bright side, you have soooo much room for improvement!!!

I got 11% in my Christmas exam in Accounting before my Leaving Cert (Irish A Level Equivalent). :eek::eek:
My parents nearly jumped of the nearest cliff! I got some tutoring and am now a qualified accountant believe it or not.

Also, practise past exam papers under time pressure as much as possible.
Look back at the answers and see where you are going wrong (if possible with an adult/tutor helping you)
...if you practise exam questions over again and again, you will definitely improve a lot!!!

Good Luck!
Paul
Think about it this way: the work you are putting in now is for the people of your future. If you can’t work for yourself, work for them! Your future SO, kids if you will have them, friends, being able to afford a classy Thai meal out rather than a greasy takeaway on a Saturday night. Think about it that way: your time invested now will become triple the better time you will have in the future. Remember you are only in y12, and you must have done well at GCSE to be doing Maths and Chemistry as those are tricky subjects. You have probably relaxed a little after the stress of year 11. Use the half term to get back into the ‘efficient worker’ mindset and then continue through with that into y13. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest