Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unfortunately my grandma passed away early this morning. I was very close to her and loved her very much but I didn't cry at all when my parents told me this morning.

I feel a bit uncomfortable and guilty that I haven't displayed the emotions my siblings (both younger and older) have displayed by not crying. I was just absolutely shocked and in denial when i was told this morning.

has anyone felt the same?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yes - when I lost my gran in November, I didn't cry. I certainly was sad though, and it did make me less focused on school work that week.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It isn't uncommon. We all process grief differently, and you may find that after some time has passed and the shock has subsided you do eventually have a good cry. You might not. There is no right or wrong way to act so don't be concerned that something is inherently wrong with you.

ReputationRep:
    It probably hasnt hit you yet
    And dont worry if you dont cry, people have different ways of coping with loss
    Sorry to hear about your nan x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Not an issue at all, as the people said above we all process grief differently and have different reactions to it. I hope you feel better soon, and think of your grandma with happiness :heart::suith:

Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.