The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust Summer Internship 2018

Hello! Looking for people who have done or have applied for the Wellcome Trust's summer internship programme. If you have done it before what was your experience of the interview and the placement itself? And if you are applying this year (2018) what have you applied for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I’ve applied for the programme too :smile: I applied for the Science (International operations and partnerships) one! How about you?
Original post by Loveart99
Hello! Looking for people who have done or have applied for the Wellcome Trust's summer internship programme. If you have done it before what was your experience of the interview and the placement itself? And if you are applying this year (2018) what have you applied for?

Hey!

I've also applied for the Wellcome Trust summer internship. I've applied for the Science (International operations and partnerships) one. Yourself? Ideas on what the interview questions will be?
Original post by bbmg
Hey! I’ve applied for the programme too :smile: I applied for the Science (International operations and partnerships) one! How about you?

Hey also!

I've also applied for the Wellcome Trust summer internship. And also applied for the Science (International operations and partnerships) one! What's your undergrad degree btw? And are you a 1st or 2nd year? Ideas on what you think it'll be like and what the competition may be like?

I'm from London but studying at a US uni. I'm going to have to do the interview on skype :call:
Reply 4
Original post by ayllizle
Hey also!

I've also applied for the Wellcome Trust summer internship. And also applied for the Science (International operations and partnerships) one! What's your undergrad degree btw? And are you a 1st or 2nd year? Ideas on what you think it'll be like and what the competition may be like?

I'm from London but studying at a US uni. I'm going to have to do the interview on skype :call:

Hey, ah cool! I study Biochemistry and am in penultimate year of degree :smile: How about you? I think its going to be extremely hard to get in as they only take 9 people! Must get hundreds of applications!

Thats cool - good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey!I've applied for the Science international operations and also the Neuroscience internship. Do you know when we hear back? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by rberry1
Hey!I've applied for the Science international operations and also the Neuroscience internship. Do you know when we hear back? :smile:

It says on the website that we will hear by the 19th March if we have been successful for an interview :smile:
Reply 7
I’ve applied for neuroscience and education! I’m a first year psychology student ☺️ I’m does anyone know what the interviews are going to be like? (Assuming we get that far 😬😬)
Original post by bbmg
Hey, ah cool! I study Biochemistry and am in penultimate year of degree :smile: How about you? I think its going to be extremely hard to get in as they only take 9 people! Must get hundreds of applications!

Thats cool - good luck! :smile:

Oh nice! I'm a first year Chemical Engineer, which may not be ideal, but the eligibility criteria just said graduating "2019 or later" so trying my luck this summer :smile:. Yeah likewise! And 9 people?! That's tough!

Good luck to us then:^_^:
One person per project, thats tough. Has anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 10
Nope, it yet! I’ve checked the area where we did applications in a few times, has a time line, mine hadn’t even moved to application under review yet!
I can't even find my application in my portal, but I got the confirmation email when I sent it off so I'm too worried.
I'm a first year psychology student by the way. I put all my eggs in one basket and only applied for education cause its the only one I knew I could do best and enjoy a lot.

Good luck to everyone!
Original post by Alaska123
I can't even find my application in my portal, but I got the confirmation email when I sent it off so I'm too worried.
I'm a first year psychology student by the way. I put all my eggs in one basket and only applied for education cause its the only one I knew I could do best and enjoy a lot.

Good luck to everyone!

That happened to me too. Mine says I have zero submitted applications but I definitely submitted and got a confirmation email. So yeah, don't worry :smile:. Also same, I only applied to the Science International Operations one because I couldn't have done the neuroscience-related one justice. Hope it pays off for us.
Has anyone heard anything yet?
My friend and I both applied for the neuroscience one and she’s gotten a reply saying she didn’t get it but I haven’t heard anything yet, was wondering if anyone has gotten an interview yet?
Reply 14
No still not heard anything yet! Still a good week left before anyone should worry though!
Reply 15
I got a rejection email on Friday :frown: So must be going through them at the moment.
Original post by bbmg
I got a rejection email on Friday :frown: So must be going through them at the moment.

Sorry to hear that pal! Onwards & upwards
They definitely must be going through them already, but like someone else said, on the website they say we'll hear by March 19th if we've been selected for interview, so just 7 days left!
Hey, I'm a second year biologist and I applied for Education, Neuroscience and Policy - haven't heard anything yet! Good luck everyone
Hey,I got my rejection email this morning for Humanities and Social Sciences 😔 Well at least I tried! Good luck to all of you still waiting to hear, hope it goes well for you all!

Quick Reply