Turn on thread page Beta

Wellcome Trust Summer Internship 2018 watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an interview yet? I can't stand this waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    you should've received an email from them by now. I didn't get the position but what's success without failure eh.

ReputationRep:
    Still no reply here either! I applied to Neuroscience too. I'm starting to think it might be to do with when we submitted our applications as I applied the day of the deadline XD when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr111)
    Still no reply here either! I applied to Neuroscience too. I'm starting to think it might be to do with when we submitted our applications as I applied the day of the deadline XD when did you apply?
    I applied pretty early and still haven't heard anything! Unlike most employers I've seen, it said on the application page that they would wait until the deadline date before looking at any applications (i.e. not on a rolling basis). So hopefully that means applying on the deadline won't affect your application at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr111)
    I applied a week before. From what I can tell though they send rejection letters out first so maybe not hearing is a good sign!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 20.30.00.png
Views: 83
Size:  84.3 KB
    ^^^^^^ We're good guys, just a couple days left to wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADominy)
    I applied pretty early and still haven't heard anything! Unlike most employers I've seen, it said on the application page that they would wait until the deadline date before looking at any applications (i.e. not on a rolling basis). So hopefully that means applying on the deadline won't affect your application at all!
    I agree I applied 10 minutes before the deadline time, but it still went through. If applying on the deadline day was a problem, the application portal itself would've shut down. To check it, I tried opening the application 10 minutes AFTER the deadline time, and that's when it was no longer available

ReputationRep:
    Argh I’m getting super antsy now 😭 still haven’t heard anything! Assuming they won’t contact us on the weekend, we only have today and Monday left? This is so frustrating 🙄
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon "You'll hear by 19th March" means before that date or possibly on that date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loveart99)
    Do you reckon "You'll hear by 19th March" means before that date or possibly on that date?
    I think it would usually include that date. I remember they delayed opening the applications this year by one month, but haven't changed the expected interview dates - so I don't think it would be too surprising if it takes longer than Monday either But given that some people have already heard back, I'm expecting that we'll hear between Monday and Wednesday - pure speculation though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADominy)
    I think it would usually include that date. I remember they delayed opening the applications this year by one month, but haven't changed the expected interview dates - so I don't think it would be too surprising if it takes longer than Monday either But given that some people have already heard back, I'm expecting that we'll hear between Monday and Wednesday - pure speculation though!
    Yeah I have a feeling you're right on that one. I wonder if anyone has been asked to interview or if they've just been giving out rejections

ReputationRep:
    Hi I applied for the education and learning post and still have not heard anything back! Has anyone else heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    hey I've applied for 3 of them and not heard back from any ..not sure we'll hear back by 19th but on my confirmation email it said we should hear back 4 weeks after deadline so may be another week yet? (confused though cause website says 19th!!)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet? Today's allegedly the last day!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet? Today's allegedly the last day!
    I’ve not heard anything yet! I’m hoping that because we haven’t had straight out rejections we could be in with a chance at interview?! (Although honestly will not be surprised if I don’t get one at any rate... I’m just using this now as a procrastination method )

What streams did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    I’ve not heard anything yet! I’m hoping that because we haven’t had straight out rejections we could be in with a chance at interview?! (Although honestly will not be surprised if I don’t get one at any rate... I’m just using this now as a procrastination method )

What streams did you apply for?
    I applied for education, neuroscience and policy. I actually got an email from Natalie Hannan about half an hour ago saying that due to high volume of applications I am still under consideration for neuroscience and they'll let me know by Friday - which may be why you haven't heard back yet!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for education, neuroscience and policy. I actually got an email from Natalie Hannan about half an hour ago saying that due to high volume of applications I am still under consideration for neuroscience and they'll let me know by Friday - which may be why you haven't heard back yet!
    Ooh thank you for letting me know! Damn...this means I’ll have to actually do work now :’(

Was neuroscience your first choice? My friend wants to apply for that next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    Ooh thank you for letting me know! Damn...this means I’ll have to actually do work now :’(

Was neuroscience your first choice? My friend wants to apply for that next year!
    Education was my first choice but I would have been more than happy with any of them!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, so the email only mentioned the neuroscience part?

ReputationRep:
    I just received an email also from Natalie Hannan saying the same thing about having a high amount of applications. It says I am still under review for education and I will know by the 26th March. Interviews on the 4th.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.