MSc Big Data Course and Stirling Reputation Watch

William29
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just got an offer to study Big Data. Stirling seems lovely and my brother and father told me very good things about Scottish people.

So, what's its reputation? Also, I am going to apply for a studio with private kitchen. Do you have any experience on this matter? Are water bills and internet included? If not, what's the cost?

Thank you in advance....
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
samomidi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I have also got an offer from Stirling.
Looking at the modules of Big Data, the subjects are very exciting and they seem to be very practical. I have already been through some of the books and they look fun. Especially Python and NoSQL.

I have also go offer from St Andrews, but the big difference is when you look at the modules they are so scary, it seem to be full on and there is no sign of working on NoSQL DBs or more practical stuff. It is still interesting but looks a bit tense and smells like a path to PHD, while the course at Stirling seem to be getting you ready for job.

Confused! St Andrew is a great university and I am in love with it, but the course is more exciting in Stirling however it might not sound very deep in concept.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads