Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer to study Big Data. Stirling seems lovely and my brother and father told me very good things about Scottish people.

So, what's its reputation? Also, I am going to apply for a studio with private kitchen. Do you have any experience on this matter? Are water bills and internet included? If not, what's the cost?

Thank you in advance....
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have also got an offer from Stirling.
    Looking at the modules of Big Data, the subjects are very exciting and they seem to be very practical. I have already been through some of the books and they look fun. Especially Python and NoSQL.

I have also go offer from St Andrews, but the big difference is when you look at the modules they are so scary, it seem to be full on and there is no sign of working on NoSQL DBs or more practical stuff. It is still interesting but looks a bit tense and smells like a path to PHD, while the course at Stirling seem to be getting you ready for job.

Confused! St Andrew is a great university and I am in love with it, but the course is more exciting in Stirling however it might not sound very deep in concept.

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.