Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking a moment to address my question. This October, I've applied to universities to read archaeology and anthropology. I have already received conditional offers from UCL, Edinburgh, and Exeter.

After almost half a year of consideration, I have decided that I want to transfer courses. I would love to study at UCL next year as they have the perfect course for me (Eastern European Studies BA). Seeing that I already hold a conditional offer from the aforementioned institution, would it be possible to transfer courses at this stage? Should I even bother or would the politics department reject my request to transfer? In any case, taking a gap year does not seem like a good option for me and continuing with my first course might be even worse. So at this stage, I am quite desperate...

Perhaps at this point, it might be helpful for you to know some basic information about my application. Here are my credentials:
    - IB diploma 4HLs (History, Economics, Spanish B, Language and Literature) with a 7777 predicted; 2SLs (ESS and Math) with a 66 predicted; Overall predicted: 43
    - International student with, you guessed it, Eastern European origins
    - Somewhat fluent in Russian and Spanish (if it helps)
    - My personal statement has an emphasis on cultural anthropology and work experience on an archaeological excavation
    - EE in History (the Bosnian Wars, specifically - the siege of Sarajevo)
    - Chaired/organized an MUN conference. I was the president of the Social Humanitarian and Cultural committee

In any case, if you could advise me on what to do and how to transfer, it would be really helpful! Perhaps there is a way to solve my issue... Thank you in advance
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You can start applying now for a transfer of uni or if you do well and its a similar course, then into year 2.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LostInNarration)
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for taking a moment to address my question. This October, I've applied to universities to read archaeology and anthropology. I have already received conditional offers from UCL, Edinburgh, and Exeter.

After almost half a year of consideration, I have decided that I want to transfer courses. I would love to study at UCL next year as they have the perfect course for me (Eastern European Studies BA). Seeing that I already hold a conditional offer from the aforementioned institution, would it be possible to transfer courses at this stage? Should I even bother or would the politics department reject my request to transfer? In any case, taking a gap year does not seem like a good option for me and continuing with my first course might be even worse. So at this stage, I am quite desperate...

Perhaps at this point, it might be helpful for you to know some basic information about my application. Here are my credentials:
    - IB diploma 4HLs (History, Economics, Spanish B, Language and Literature) with a 7777 predicted; 2SLs (ESS and Math) with a 66 predicted; Overall predicted: 43
    - My personal statement has an emphasis on cultural anthropology and work experience on an archaeological excavation
    - Chaired/organized an MUN conference. I was the president of the Social Humanitarian and Cultural committee

In any case, if you could advise me on what to do and how to transfer, it would be really helpful! Perhaps there is a way to solve my issue... Thank you in advance
    Contact UCL and see if they will consider you for the other course. They may ask for a new personal statement. You will then have to reject all your offers and go through clearing. Otherwise as above you can start on the course you have an offer for and apply for a transfer or again next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostInNarration)
    Hello everyone!

You have nothing to lose by ringing up UCL (and the others) and asking if it's possible to switch courses.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.