Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

mature students at oxford watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any mature students at Oxford here that aren't at Harris Manchester who can talk a bit about their experience re: being older than fellow undergradutes/fitting in etc.? Or if you do study at HMC how do you like it? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jem612)
    Any mature students at Oxford here that aren't at Harris Manchester who can talk a bit about their experience re: being older than fellow undergradutes/fitting in etc.? Or if you do study at HMC how do you like it? Thanks!
    Hi there, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm applying for postgraduate study at the moment and wondering what the environment is like for mature students at Oxford. Did you get a response? I'm quite nervous about the whole thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aerialbeau)
    Hi there, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm applying for postgraduate study at the moment and wondering what the environment is like for mature students at Oxford. Did you get a response? I'm quite nervous about the whole thing!
    Hi, nope I haven't had a response! I will be applying for BA jurisprudence with senior status so HMC is my only option to be surrounded by people my own age... not sure how much difference that makes though. Which colleges are you thinking of? You're lucky you can apply to graduate study colleges at least, maybe the average age will be older there

ReputationRep:
    I study at HMC and absolutely love it! It's a brilliant place with lots of amazing people, most of us are in our 20s so its not significantly older than other Oxford colleges but those few extra years experience definitely make for a nicer atmosphere than some of the other colleges where students are living independently for the first time.Any questions just give me a shout!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhealey13)
    I study at HMC and absolutely love it! It's a brilliant place with lots of amazing people, most of us are in our 20s so its not significantly older than other Oxford colleges but those few extra years experience definitely make for a nicer atmosphere than some of the other colleges where students are living independently for the first time.Any questions just give me a shout!
    Hi, thanks so much for replying! This was super reassuring to hear. What, if any, would be the downsides of HMC? I understand that there are less societies at HMC because it is a younger college, have you found it more difficult to get involved?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.