Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently trying to decide between Birmingham City and Nottingham Trent universities and my head is starting to hurt, honestly. Which one is better in all aspects for Fashion Communication (Business) and Promotion? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karolinakzalaite)
    I'm currently trying to decide between Birmingham City and Nottingham Trent universities and my head is starting to hurt, honestly. Which one is better in all aspects for Fashion Communication (Business) and Promotion? Why?
    Have you had the chance to visit both universities yet as that is really useful in trying to decide, also try comparing the courses and the modules you cover in both and see which one you prefer or which one will play to your strengths and interests more.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    Have you had the chance to visit both universities yet as that is really useful in trying to decide, also try comparing the courses and the modules you cover in both and see which one you prefer or which one will play to your strengths and interests more.
    Yes, I visited both of the universities and I loved them both. The courses are pretty similar as well. That's what confuses me even more, the fact that these are so much alike in terms of my course.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I visited both of the universities and I loved them both. The courses are pretty similar as well. That's what confuses me even more, the fact that these are so much alike in terms of my course.
    That does make it harder, maybe try making a list of the pros and cons of both Unis, even including things that may seem silly and see if that helps, you may also want to compare them on unistats and see what the ratings are for different things that matter to you like graduate employment and student satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    That does make it harder, maybe try making a list of the pros and cons of both Unis, even including things that may seem silly and see if that helps, you may also want to compare them on unistats and see what the ratings are for different things that matter to you like graduate employment and student satisfaction.
    I tried using unistats for comparison and all aspects led to BCU. Guess I need to start making a list then.. I just want to know which one is better even despite my course. I heard that NTU has higher ratings across the UK but does that truly matter?

ReputationRep:
    I tried using unistats for comparison and all aspects led to BCU. Guess I need to start making a list then.. I just want to know which one is better even despite my course. I heard that NTU has higher ratings across the UK but does that truly matter?
    Honestly ratings aren’t the most important thing especially if the two are still reasonably close in ratings as various rating tables use different things to rate Unis, hopefully something will stick out that makes you prefer one over the other. Maybe try visiting again if you can do so conveniently.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hey karolinakzalaite!

First of all, massive congrats on your offers - as you have rightly said, this is where the decision process gets a bit tricky especially if you are torn with your choice.

My advice, just as Snoozinghamster has said, is to create a list of pro's and con's but be as broad as possible so things like:

- The city that you'll be living in - perhaps you got a better feel for one more than the other?
    - Accommodation - did you have any preferences in terms of how far away the city was from the campus buildings?
    - The course itself, does one have better links with industry / opportunities to go and get real-world experience?

They are all things to have a think about and will hopefully help you narrow it down

If you have any questions about NTU, don't hesitate to let me know!

Chris

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.