imogena17
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm a really organised person and I'm really good with money and budgeting and saving. But when it comes to the whole Uni bank account thing I'm getting confused.
I remember talking to someone about having two separate bank accounts. One will be my student bank account that my maintenance loan will be paid into in the three installments each year, and another will be a regular current account that I already own with my wages from this year, and which I will also pay my wages into when I hopefully get a job at University.
So I've just been checking out the best student bank account to get in accordance with all the overdraft and interest rates and stuff. And I come across a side note that says that I can only use the student bank account as my main account.
So this means that I can't own a student account and my regular account, right? So, can I just flunk the system and get a student bank account and use my current account as my main one, or do I need to transfer all my money into my new student account?
Doing this will seriously complicate me because I won't know what money is mine and what is the loan and what is rent. Do I have to budget better or is there a way around it?
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by imogena17)
I'm a really organised person and I'm really good with money and budgeting and saving. But when it comes to the whole Uni bank account thing I'm getting confused.
I remember talking to someone about having two separate bank accounts. One will be my student bank account that my maintenance loan will be paid into in the three installments each year, and another will be a regular current account that I already own with my wages from this year, and which I will also pay my wages into when I hopefully get a job at University.
So I've just been checking out the best student bank account to get in accordance with all the overdraft and interest rates and stuff. And I come across a side note that says that I can only use the student bank account as my main account.
So this means that I can't own a student account and my regular account, right? So, can I just flunk the system and get a student bank account and use my current account as my main one, or do I need to transfer all my money into my new student account?
Doing this will seriously complicate me because I won't know what money is mine and what is the loan and what is rent. Do I have to budget better or is there a way around it?
Hi imogena17,

We cannot advise you on this, the best thing to do is call your bank and discuss this with them.

Thanks

Catherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (338)
83.66%
No (66)
16.34%

Watched Threads