Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Bank Account and a Current Account watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a really organised person and I'm really good with money and budgeting and saving. But when it comes to the whole Uni bank account thing I'm getting confused.
    I remember talking to someone about having two separate bank accounts. One will be my student bank account that my maintenance loan will be paid into in the three installments each year, and another will be a regular current account that I already own with my wages from this year, and which I will also pay my wages into when I hopefully get a job at University.
    So I've just been checking out the best student bank account to get in accordance with all the overdraft and interest rates and stuff. And I come across a side note that says that I can only use the student bank account as my main account.
    So this means that I can't own a student account and my regular account, right? So, can I just flunk the system and get a student bank account and use my current account as my main one, or do I need to transfer all my money into my new student account?
    Doing this will seriously complicate me because I won't know what money is mine and what is the loan and what is rent. Do I have to budget better or is there a way around it?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by imogena17)
    I'm a really organised person and I'm really good with money and budgeting and saving. But when it comes to the whole Uni bank account thing I'm getting confused.
    I remember talking to someone about having two separate bank accounts. One will be my student bank account that my maintenance loan will be paid into in the three installments each year, and another will be a regular current account that I already own with my wages from this year, and which I will also pay my wages into when I hopefully get a job at University.
    So I've just been checking out the best student bank account to get in accordance with all the overdraft and interest rates and stuff. And I come across a side note that says that I can only use the student bank account as my main account.
    So this means that I can't own a student account and my regular account, right? So, can I just flunk the system and get a student bank account and use my current account as my main one, or do I need to transfer all my money into my new student account?
    Doing this will seriously complicate me because I won't know what money is mine and what is the loan and what is rent. Do I have to budget better or is there a way around it?
    Hi imogena17,

We cannot advise you on this, the best thing to do is call your bank and discuss this with them.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.