Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Greetings everyone

So I have just received a track update saying that my Aberdeen application for Psychology has been unsuccessful and I honestly don't understand why... I'm doing the IB and their entry requirements are 32 points and 555 at HL, while my predicted grades are 43 and 776 at HL... I know grades aren't everything, but I feel like my personal statement was okay, and the reference should also be okay since my professor wrote it who likes me and also has experience writing personal statements... Can I ask the university for clarification or anything? Because Aberdeen was my safe choice and now that I wasn't accepted there I'm suddenly really nervous about my other choices. I've received an offer from Glasgow already, but am still waiting for UCL, Edinburgh and St Andrews. If my application was not good enough for Aberdeen, then it also probably won't be enough for the other unis...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lenakroos)
    Greetings everyone

So I have just received a track update saying that my Aberdeen application for Psychology has been unsuccessful and I honestly don't understand why... I'm doing the IB and their entry requirements are 32 points and 555 at HL, while my predicted grades are 43 and 776 at HL... I know grades aren't everything, but I feel like my personal statement was okay, and the reference should also be okay since my professor wrote it who likes me and also has experience writing personal statements... Can I ask the university for clarification or anything? Because Aberdeen was my safe choice and now that I wasn't accepted there I'm suddenly really nervous about my other choices. I've received an offer from Glasgow already, but am still waiting for UCL, Edinburgh and St Andrews. If my application was not good enough for Aberdeen, then it also probably won't be enough for the other unis...
    Unfortunately without knowing everything about your application or the people you were up against we can’t say for certain but you could consider contacting them and asking for feedback as to your application, that will be the easiest way to find out for sure instead of speculation
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You probably won't be given an answer to this question, don't worry though, you seem to be doing fine.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you were rejected because they already assumed they'd be your safety school? Just speculating here

ReputationRep:
    What subjects are you taking? if youre taking less academic subjects some unis may not like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiontheroad)
    Maybe you were rejected because they already assumed they'd be your safety school? Just speculating here
    They don’t tend to do that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 17, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.