Turn on thread page Beta

do people make more than 1 or 2 silly mistakes in GCSEs? watch

ReputationRep:
    I make a lot of dumb mistakes so I want to know if I am well prepared and ready if I will still make these mistakes because they seem to be really costly looking at the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    No
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    No
    Great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idrc)
    I make a lot of dumb mistakes so I want to know if I am well prepared and ready if I will still make these mistakes because they seem to be really costly looking at the grade boundaries.
    Not sure about the actual gcse, but I made a few mistakes some of which were actually silly mistakes in my previous maths mock, it doesn't mean you're not prepared, though, as you get better and with practice you will make less mistakes, and check your work. I didn't really check my work and when I did I rushed through checking it so I didn't actually spot it, it will only cost you grades if you make a lot or were close to the grade boundaries if next grade, there is quote a lot of difference between minimum marks for each grade boundaries, like 54 marks for a 4 and 81 marks for a 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iahmed512)
    Not sure about the actual gcse, but I made a few mistakes some of which were actually silly mistakes in my previous maths mock, it doesn't mean you're not prepared, though, as you get better and with practice you will make less mistakes, and check your work. I didn't really check my work and when I did I rushed through checking it so I didn't actually spot it, it will only cost you grades if you make a lot or were close to the grade boundaries if next grade, there is quote a lot of difference between minimum marks for each grade boundaries, like 54 marks for a 4 and 81 marks for a 5.
    I checked them and the difference between A star and A in a few subjects was 6 or 7 which makes me feel scared lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yep and thats why some of them get a D instead of an A. I wonder why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idrc)
    I checked them and the difference between A star and A in a few subjects was 6 or 7 which makes me feel scared lol
    So what's the difference between it in grade 1-9, yeah for subjects like science it makes a big difference especially with combined, so it would be around 7 marks difference between each grade. Don't worry, I know how you feel, if you revise a lot as long as you don't panic and get really nervous, you won't make a lot of silly mistakes and check your work in case you do, it's normal to make some silly mistakes because of exam pressure, and it's fine to get a bit nervous but not too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Yep and thats why some of them get a D instead of an A.
    That's not what I expected
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by idrc)
    That's not what I expected
    My post? or the answer?

ReputationRep:
    Yep and thats why some of them get a D instead of an A. I wonder why?
    What do you mean to say?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What do you mean to say?
    Oh so basically when students dont check their answers or make mistake in the exam and dont go back to check it, then they get a lower grade than they should be getting

ReputationRep:
    Oh so basically when students dont check their answers or make mistake in the exam and dont go back to check it, then they get a lower grade than they should be getting
    Oh right but I don't think that would make the difference between a D and A just from silly mistakes alone, with gcses people probably make less from practice and experience
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh right but I don't think that would make the difference between a D and A just from silly mistakes alone, with gcses people probably make less from practice and experience
    Lol I know. I was exagerrating

ReputationRep:
    Lol I know. I was exagerrating
    Didn't seem like it, well you must exaggerate a lot then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Didn't seem like it, well you must exaggerate a lot then.
    Yes I do, its interesting to see ppls reactions to it.
    Did you by any chance have a problem with that first post are sent?

ReputationRep:
    There's a process. That's why practice is essential.
    1. Make mistakes (not intentionally)
    2. Identify those mistakes (some way or the other)
    3. Fix those mistakes.
    4. Enjoy a better grade. i.e Given that you do make mistakes and possibly a lot.

Persons who make mistakes don't necessarily deserve a better grade. But the less you make them the better you're bound to do. i.e what tests are about, you have to be able to make little to no mistakes to guarantee success in a test/exam, you have to be able to work well under pressure.
    So, no. If you are well prepared, you become a master or something. You will not make 'dumb' mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do, its interesting to see ppls reactions to it.
    Did you by any chance have a problem with that first post are sent?
    Did you mean "I" instead of "are". I can take and understand jokes but I sometimes find it hard to tell when people are exaggerating or being sarcastic, yeah I kind of did.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it isn't all detrimental to your overall grade-those one or two marks would be super costly at A-level but down at GCSE nothing much would happen. Obviously there are times where you could be one or two marks off a a better grade so always try to identify and rectify them nonetheless!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Did you mean "I" instead of "are". I can take and understand jokes but I sometimes find it hard to tell when people are exaggerating or being sarcastic, yeah I kind of did.
    Yep I meant 'I'. Yh I understand, especially when its via text or online. So my bad if it did come across as a problem

ReputationRep:
    no, everyone gets 100%

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.