Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi I have payed a person by paypal family and friends and I didn't know I didn't have buyer protection. the seller hasn't got back to me and I want my money back as I hate the feeling of being robbed. has anoyne else been in this situation and have you ad it resolved .. if so how? I have made a paypal complaint and I have reported her but I don't know what to do.. please help

ReputationRep:
    I've heard paypal will give you your money back and deal with the person themselves if your scammed so if so, hope you get your money back.

ReputationRep:
    May be tricky friends and family, not sure you can request pay back
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm a bit confused here. It doesn't sound as though the seller has done anything wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I'm a bit confused here. It doesn't sound as though the seller has done anything wrong?
    Yeah I sense that, would be good to know the time frame from when the money was sent
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ihatelife000)
    hi I have payed a person by paypal family and friends and I didn't know I didn't have buyer protection. the seller hasn't got back to me and I want my money back as I hate the feeling of being robbed. has anoyne else been in this situation and have you ad it resolved .. if so how? I have made a paypal complaint and I have reported her but I don't know what to do.. please help
    Why did you send them money in the first place? What were you hoping to get out of it? If you were sending for a service, why would you decide to send as friends and family?

What exactly is the problem? The seller hasn't got back to you in how long exactly? This arguably isn't a scam if you decided to send money via friends and family rather than paying for goods. Quite possibly not much that can be done.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I wasn't clear .. the seller didn't send out anything despite me paying for it so they have done wrong as it's fraud .
    I wanted to buy a pair of trainers and they didn't send it . This was over a week ago now and it's not been sent and they have ghosted my messages despite being online

ReputationRep:
    They were adamnt for me to pay by family and friends I didn't know that I wasn't protected so I agreed. I know it's dumb 😭

ReputationRep:
    It's a scam as they knew they wouldn't send anything hence the reason they asked me to pay of that method

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I could get my money back if I were to go to the bank and explain my situation as my bank card is linked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahberry2002)
    Do you think I could get my money back if I were to go to the bank and explain my situation as my bank card is linked?
    Doubt it
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    How do you know the buyer? If you purchased them through ebay, I'd contact them.

ReputationRep:
    And I thought criminals ****ing up ATMs was the worst

ReputationRep:
    Id say these sly scammers are the worst !and yes it was through eBay, I'm going to try and go to the bank as it's the only hope I have left lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.