Turn on thread page Beta

I'm at uni and I want to just tell everyone "please stop asking me to go clubbing, I never want to go clubbing again". I've been out a lot but mostly because I wanted to get to know people better and clubbing seems like a good thing to do with people you're not that familiar with.

Problem is, after going out a few times, people never stop asking after that. I think telling them I hate clubbing after all these months would be weird. I want to still hang out with people, just not clubbing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go to a social club filled with non-drinkers

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Go to a social club filled with non-drinkers
    I like drinking, I just don't like clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm at uni and I want to just tell everyone "please stop asking me to go clubbing, I never want to go clubbing again". I've been out a lot but mostly because I wanted to get to know people better and clubbing seems like a good thing to do with people you're not that familiar with.

Problem is, after going out a few times, people never stop asking after that. I think telling them I hate clubbing after all these months would be weird. I want to still hang out with people, just not clubbing.
    You can just hang out at pre drinks and not go out. Or arrange to have chilled nights where you go to the pub/chill outside/stay in and chat instead. If they ask you to come out there's nothing wrong with saying you're bored of all the clubs. It's quite understandable if you're going to the same ones all the time and you don't like music. I have a few friends who don't like clubbing, we still invite them out but we know half the time they say no. It's fine though because we just arrange other social occasions with them.
    Alternatively maybe suggest some new places with different kinds of music instead of the really generic clubs that play the same sh*t every week.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it does die out after a while

I only go like once a while now

(Original post by blawan)
    You can just hang out at pre drinks and not go out. Or arrange to have chilled nights where you go to the pub/chill outside/stay in and chat instead. If they ask you to come out there's nothing wrong with saying you're bored of all the clubs. It's quite understandable if you're going to the same ones all the time and you don't like music. I have a few friends who don't like clubbing, we still invite them out but we know half the time they say no. It's fine though because we just arrange other social occasions with them.
    Alternatively maybe suggest some new places with different kinds of music instead of the really generic clubs that play the same sh*t every week.
    Hmmm, I will try initiating get-togethers that are more 'my thing'. The only downside to that is that I don't have a group of friends that all know each other, my friends are spread out throughout uni and they're all quite different from each other.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.