Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Thought I would make this thread for all potential applicants for Dentistry 2019 entry.

Currently in year 12 and looking at studying at Bristol, Kings College London or Queen, Belfast.

GCSEs: 4A*s 7A's
    A level predictions: AAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths)
    Work Experience: Around 3 weeks in different dental environments.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    I'm looking to apply to Kings College London, Manchester, liverpool and either queens or newcastle.

Gcses: 9A*s 1A 2B
    Alevels : A* A*/A A maths bio chem
    Work experience - 3 weeks (private & nhs practice) + 2 days dental hospital

Anyone started prepared for UKCAT? rly stressed bout that it seems hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstudentxx)
    Hiya,
    I'm looking to apply to Kings College London, Manchester, liverpool and either queens or newcastle.

Gcses: 9A*s 1A 2B
    Alevels : A* A*/A A maths bio chem
    Work experience - 3 weeks (private & nhs practice) + 2 days dental hospital

Anyone started prepared for UKCAT? rly stressed bout that it seems hard
    You have great stats, why not apply to more heavy gcse unis like Birmingham?

Nah, will do UKCAT end of summer holidays so gonna have 3-4 weeks of just solid UKCAT in holidays

ReputationRep:
    i really do want to apply to bham its such a nice uni but they want an A in english language and I got a B, accidentally flopped my exam so i can’t apply to bham unfortunately. the 2 heavy gcses unis i know are bham and cardiff and they both want A in eng language

also u done any volunteering yet? I haven’t and I need to find some but don’t really know what to do
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstudentxx)
    i really do want to apply to bham its such a nice uni but they want an A in english language and I got a B, accidentally flopped my exam so i can’t apply to bham unfortunately. the 2 heavy gcses unis i know are bham and cardiff and they both want A in eng language

also u done any volunteering yet? I haven’t and I need to find some but don’t really know what to do
    oh i see. ok

Well i have 6 months volunteering at old age home, 1 week at volunteering at disabled children camp, 1 year volunteering at Sunday school

Just contact local old age home ect... must places love people to help out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00sevenmagic)
    Hey all,
    Thought I would make this thread for all potential applicants for Dentistry 2019 entry.

Currently in year 12 and looking at studying at Bristol, Kings College London or Queen, Belfast.

GCSEs: 4A*s 7A's
    A level predictions: AAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths)
    Work Experience: Around 3 weeks in different dental environments.
    Hi, I'm currenly in year 12, I have no idea where I'm going yet but visiting a lot of the universities in the next few weeks.
    GCSES: 6A*s 4As and 1 B (music smh)
    A level predictions (A,A,A,A) (Bio, chem, maths and economics) (I'm thinking about dropping one but my school prefers 4 and my grades are alright, however chemistry is my worst but the one I need so..) I swear for kings you need A star which I don't have so don't think I can apply there.
    Work experience (around 6 weeks, mostly in one practise but two days with different specialities, endodontist etc)
    Actually hate VR in UKCAT. My exams in August, I'm using medportal as revision.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Leeds Dental School are running a FREE FB live Q&A session run by a panel of Leeds dental students on the Open Wide FB page - our advertisement poster is on the page with more details about sending in any questions in advance so please LIKE our page for updates. This is your chance to ask any questions about Dentistry! Google Open Wide dentists for our website and to learn more about our scheme to help you get into Dentistry!

•Tuesday 27th June at 5pm•

Mark the date in your calendars and we’ll see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi im currently a dental student and what i did for the UKCAT and BMAT alongside questions was go to a course now im not saying they make or break your exam but i found mine particularly useful. it was run by Meddent prep and their prices were much cheaper than kaplan etc although they didn't go through a load of questions on the course rather they went through techniques on how to approach all styles of ukcat/bmat questions which i found more useful tbh. if you have any questions about dental school or the application process itself feel free to drop me a message. good luck!!!!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.