Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I have received an offer from the university of law in Bloomsbury but can't seem to find out any information about it. I've been to the open day but just really want to know if it's a good university and what the LLB is like as it isn't in any league tables?

TIA x
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by A_Law2018)
    Hello,
    I have received an offer from the university of law in Bloomsbury but can't seem to find out any information about it. I've been to the open day but just really want to know if it's a good university and what the LLB is like as it isn't in any league tables?

TIA x
    Average,. They used to be run by the Law Society and were the go to people in charge of the LPC and solicitors training. They were then privatised and now they offer a range of Law qualifications including degrees.

Imo they arent in the elite, but also not in the worst. Middle of the road.

The difference is you are only going t be with Law students compared to a uni which would be much bigger and have different departments. I'd probably go to a traditional uni and i'd save myself the money and study outside London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Average,. They used to be run by the Law Society and were the go to people in charge of the LPC and solicitors training. They were then privatised and now they offer a range of Law qualifications including degrees.

Imo they arent in the elite, but also not in the worst. Middle of the road.

The difference is you are only going t be with Law students compared to a uni which would be much bigger and have different departments. I'd probably go to a traditional uni and i'd save myself the money and study outside London.
    Thank you and I love right by Liverpool Street so will be studying in London because it works out a lot cheaper for myself. I heard that it is still run by the Law society? I just feel that maybe being taught by experienced lawyers would be better?

Where are you intending on going?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Thank you and I love right by Liverpool Street so will be studying in London because it works out a lot cheaper for myself. I heard that it is still run by the Law society? I just feel that maybe being taught by experienced lawyers would be better?

Where are you intending on going?
    Is the Bloomsbury branch closest to you? If you are ok in London thats fine id just rather go to a full uni rather than being surrounded by lawyers. Its been a private company for a long time. the degree is ok, be sure to go and have a look around before committing. Did you apply anywhere else? Nowhere for me.

ReputationRep:
    Is the Bloomsbury branch closest to you? If you are ok in London thats fine id just rather go to a full uni rather than being surrounded by lawyers. Its been a private company for a long time. the degree is ok, be sure to go and have a look around before committing. Did you apply anywhere else? Nowhere for me.
    Yeah I will be going to the Bloomsbury branch and my other choice is SOAS or CITY ... I'm not too sure about either of them though?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yeah I will be going to the Bloomsbury branch and my other choice is SOAS or CITY ... I'm not too sure about either of them though?
    Go to the open days and make your mind up.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the open days and make your mind up.
    I have... but thank you anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 27, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.