Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and two other girls were really really close and we were bffs but one of them always ran away from us and we ran after her like “ hey don’t go we’re a group and we should stay together “. We always ran after her thinking it would be the last time we would have to.

Eventually she met two new girls and went to them and we had another fight and she told me that she has multiple bffs now which hurt like hell bc at the time she was my number one but I wasn’t hers
    But I took it responsibly and I knew I couldn’t force her into absolutely adoring me. I supported her through her life and did everything I could to be a good friend.

But then she went away completely, like all I got was a hi or how’s life every so often - if I was lucky

Me and my other friend decided that we shouldn’t run after her anymore bc she obviously wants her new bffs more, so we let her go. At first I was sad but I got over it bc I still had my other friend and we went through this together.

Then suddenly she comes like “heyyyy “ and we’re like “uh... hey?” And it’s super awkward and forced. Her jokes aren’t funny and she was desperately trying to get back what *she* lost.
    We were distant and cold bc we didn’t wanna be bffs again but she was really trying, until of course she went away again. She only stayed with us for like 5 minutes or if she was forced to.

On a Friday before the holidays she asked me
    “ are you free today ?” And I said
    “No I’m going shopping with my dad “
    Then I went shopping w my dad and then afterwords with my other friend and we had a sleepover, then the friend who left texted me under a funny video I made “wtf”

I though she meant like
    Haha lol wtf is that 😂
    So I sent a wink emoji back
    An hour later she texts me
    “ you didn’t have to ****ing lie “
    I texted her “ lol when tf did I lie ????” And of course she doesn’t respond for an hour bc that’s what she does when she’s mad

And then she sends us this whole ****ing paragraph
    And the thing is
    - she said that our friendship was toxic
    - she then said “ you know if you guys work for it, it can work”

And that’s where I draw the line bc all this time we’re ****ing running after her putting work into this while she just runs away and she tells us we didn’t put effort into it and she also said that I was too clingy, but then later said that I didn’t pay her enough attention.

We had a big fight and me and my other friend told her off. But now I find out that my other friend is still friends with that girl bc she has nobody else to talk to in some classes

Idk if I should become friends with her again ( she absolutely hates me now ) or if I should just keep ignoring her, or another option. I also don’t know how to feel about my other friend and I’m really just super lost 😓
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes in life, letting go of somebody you once cared for is necessary. I know it’s hard, due to past memories, and the good times you shared, but your bond obviously isn’t the same anymore. A forced friendship, consisting of arguments, is unhealthy. I think you should distance yourself from her for a while, take some time to evaluate things, and then make a decision as to if you want to try and bond with her again. Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hella_tired)
    Me and two other girls were really really close and we were bffs but one of them always ran away from us and we ran after her like “ hey don’t go we’re a group and we should stay together “. We always ran after her thinking it would be the last time we would have to.

Eventually she met two new girls and went to them and we had another fight and she told me that she has multiple bffs now which hurt like hell bc at the time she was my number one but I wasn’t hers
    But I took it responsibly and I knew I couldn’t force her into absolutely adoring me. I supported her through her life and did everything I could to be a good friend.

But then she went away completely, like all I got was a hi or how’s life every so often - if I was lucky

Me and my other friend decided that we shouldn’t run after her anymore bc she obviously wants her new bffs more, so we let her go. At first I was sad but I got over it bc I still had my other friend and we went through this together.

Then suddenly she comes like “heyyyy “ and we’re like “uh... hey?” And it’s super awkward and forced. Her jokes aren’t funny and she was desperately trying to get back what *she* lost.
    We were distant and cold bc we didn’t wanna be bffs again but she was really trying, until of course she went away again. She only stayed with us for like 5 minutes or if she was forced to.

On a Friday before the holidays she asked me
    “ are you free today ?” And I said
    “No I’m going shopping with my dad “
    Then I went shopping w my dad and then afterwords with my other friend and we had a sleepover, then the friend who left texted me under a funny video I made “wtf”

I though she meant like
    Haha lol wtf is that 😂
    So I sent a wink emoji back
    An hour later she texts me
    “ you didn’t have to ****ing lie “
    I texted her “ lol when tf did I lie ????” And of course she doesn’t respond for an hour bc that’s what she does when she’s mad

And then she sends us this whole ****ing paragraph
    And the thing is
    - she said that our friendship was toxic
    - she then said “ you know if you guys work for it, it can work”

And that’s where I draw the line bc all this time we’re ****ing running after her putting work into this while she just runs away and she tells us we didn’t put effort into it and she also said that I was too clingy, but then later said that I didn’t pay her enough attention.

We had a big fight and me and my other friend told her off. But now I find out that my other friend is still friends with that girl bc she has nobody else to talk to in some classes

Idk if I should become friends with her again ( she absolutely hates me now ) or if I should just keep ignoring her, or another option. I also don’t know how to feel about my other friend and I’m really just super lost 😓

you will meet so many people, I would suggest resolving the issue and keeping it mutual so that you don't have any problems, I wouldn't try to be her friend again as clearly you guys just don't work anymore. I think what your friend meant when she said you didn't have to lie is although you went shopping with your dad, all she saw was you having fun with a friend, she most likely made the assumption that you didn't go with your dad and were hanging out with her all day. Its easy to misinterpret that as she asked you if you were free that day and you maybe forgot to mention that you were meeting up with a friend later.

I think you guys are all trying to find out who you are and where you fit in, so I'd sort out the situation by simply apologising and saying sorry if I upset you in anyway, hopefully she will return an apology and you can both move on. Maybe in the future when you are older and more mature you two will become friends again x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.