Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Over the past few months, I've been struggling to maintain friendships at school. I recently stopped talking to someone because they were constantly nasty (calling me fat, commenting on how I looked etc.) but it's left me without my old friendship group and feeling a bit isolated. I'm in year 11 and looking to move school next year for sixth form but don't want to spend my final weeks at my current school hating every day. Any advice on how to deal with toxic people and/or make new friends?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by lucykelly01)
    Over the past few months, I've been struggling to maintain friendships at school. I recently stopped talking to someone because they were constantly nasty (calling me fat, commenting on how I looked etc.) but it's left me without my old friendship group and feeling a bit isolated. I'm in year 11 and looking to move school next year for sixth form but don't want to spend my final weeks at my current school hating every day. Any advice on how to deal with toxic people and/or make new friends?
    Either just be friends and ignore the insults or get on with exams and leave them behind.
    Exams are more important at this stage. If you get a transfer offer then that's something to look forward to.

If only one is toxic just ignore and dont let her keep you from the others.
    If the others arent interested, then they arent worth it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykelly01)
    Well really you got two options

1) Stay quiet and let it continue and try to ignore it.

2) Give them mental middle finger (or two if you prefer) and say to yourself you don't have to put up with their shite move on and spend time with people worth your time.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.